Kubota l2501 throttle adjustment screw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
Rdrett, either your reading comprehension is extremely low, or you're off your meds.

Show me what you quoted me as stating. You must read and re-read so it soaks in...I never stated he blew up anything.

Let me help you. This is copied and paste to make it simple. This is exactly what I stated.

"Probably be like Joel in the thread mentioned above, never to be heard from again.

My guess is he had some catastrophic problem and didn't have the intestinal fortitude come back and admit his results."

Many folks come to forums, including this one, and want some information to solve a specific problem they are having. They get answers and don't have the courtesy to come back and report what worked and what didn't. They are either selfish or ignorant.

They should come back, report what they discovered, and let that information help others. That is what apparently happened to Joel K that you put a link to in post #60. So consequently you don't get to learn anything from his experience.
You’re right. I thought the same thing earlier today.
I thought man if that guy blew up his shit and didn’t come back here and updated everyone that wold be shitty.
But he only posted about his adjustment 5 months ago.
He was last active on the forum 2 weeks ago.
Anyway I emailed and pm him for a update today.
Give it a little bit of time and I bet he will be here to update us.
It has been such a short period of time I highly doubt any negative effects after such a short period of time.
You are right.
I wanted to dump this thread several times from all the trolls but I am going to stick it out.

I will make the adjustment and keep everyone updated every couple months.

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
I really don't know what you expected of us! it would be extremely unprofessional for anyone here to suggest it was a good idea to start twisting screws on an injection pump ( especially those that are safety wired!) You are welcome to adjust anything you like on your own tractor but don't expect me or any other Kubota mechanic to endorse it! If they do I would seriously question their professionalism!
What are you talking about.
Did you read the OP?
I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT TURNING A SCREW ON THE INJECTION PUMP!
NO DO NOT DO THAT!
Read the OP(original post).
I hope you’re not trolling me.

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
You just can't stop can you?
I tried and others tried to be civil to you and you just keep carrying on.
I have no ideal what you are talking about now.

Nothing in this post is on the original subject.
NO HELP AT ALL.
It is best to keep the subject on the original subject matter instead of trolling a thread with post unrelated to the subject matter.

I appreciate it if you quit trolling me.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
What are you talking about.
Did you read the OP?
I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT TURNING A SCREW ON THE INJECTION PUMP!
NO DO NOT DO THAT!
Read the OP(original post).
I hope you’re not trolling me.
The high idle adjustment you are referring to is on the injection pump. It is sealed from the factory. You can adjust it if you like. It WILL make your tractor go faster! It also won't likely cause any serious damage if you adjust it. But we can't tell you it for sure won't cause any problem. There are no trolls here. Only people who are asking questions about their tractors and a few enthusiasts who really genuinely want all Kubota's to work great and all owners to be happy with their purchase. No-one here deserves to be called a troll or told they don't have any idea what they are talking about, even you! Adjust your tractor to whatever you see fit and report back here regularly how it is working out, many will be happy to hear from you. But Kubota made it the way they did for a reason and if you adjust it then for sure it will be operating outside the parameters it was designed for!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I stated my position long ago in the thread. I'm far from an expert, but I've been around equipment for a long time.

Tier 4 compliance is a status; doesn't dictate that equipment is required to meet emission requirements...

A comment that lack of Tier 4 emission equipment on a 25HP engine demonstrates someone's lack of knowledge is counterproductive. A 25 HP won't have emissions equipment (yet), but is indeed a Tier 4 engine....

Quite frankly, this quote pisses me off:

"I wanted to dump this thread several times from all the trolls but I am going to stick it out."

Who's trolling here?!?! From my side of the fence, I don't think it's Wolfman, BAP, 'Cat, eserv, motorhead, or others (translation...folks that don't agree with you). I've been around these guys for a long time...never known them to do anything except ATTEMPT to help members here.

The cynic in me says your looking for an endorsement of your plan. Later, it can/could be an opportunity for you to transfer blame/liability.

One thing hasn't changed - - - your tractor, do as you damned-well please....I'm out.

Last edited:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I am beginning to see that there is a Troll on this thread, actually I am beginning to see that this whole thread is a Troll by the OP.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I am beginning to see that this whole thread is a Troll by the OP.
DING DING DING!!! We have a winner! :D

(BAP - - -I lied about being out - - I had to come back for this one!!:cool:)

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
Maybe I can simplify without getting my butt chewed on. If you want more horsepower out of a diesel you have to be capable of providing it more fuel but not so much that you are just making black smoke and nothing else. I was told by the Kubota dealer that anything over 25 hp had to have emissions systems installed. Possibly your engine has been FACTORY derated to avoid the whole emissions system. This can be done by less fuelling, cam timing and such. Take any engine and if you dyno it there is an RPM where it is the "Sweet Spot". That is where the HP and torque are at their best. Usually when you look at a graph on a dyno run on any engine, the HP and torque CAN drop off as the RPM go further.
I will preface my '07, 5.9 Dodge. It is a smog diesel but didn't have any added emission exhaust treatment because it was built in December of 2006. Anything built after January 1, 2007 had to have exhaust DPF and all that other junk. Dodge went to the 6.7 ltr to help over come some loss from the smog stuff.
Back to my 5.9. It had good power but lacked full potential. It is a common rail engine. My turbo started to leak some oil. I pulled it and sent it to a rebuilder that suggested a modification. The turbo kept the 5.9 compressor wheel but the exhaust side was machined out to accept the 6.7 turbine which is the exhaust side. Without any other mods, this woke up the engine. It may not be EPA legal but it made the difference. I can also add HP because being a common rail engine, My programmer will hold the injector timing a little longer to get more fuel. My stock camshaft restricts my engine because of the EGR mandate. It holds the exhaust valve open with overlap with the intake to somehow give the engine "Internal EGR". To get rid of that I need to go aftermarket and change camshaft profiles.
I know you are frustrated about the lack of power. Your tractor may have potential but has been "CHOKED" by all the EPA bull crap even though it sounds to me that you don't have exhaust treatment. To get around that and pull the full potential out of that engine, you may have to study PRE EPA models of that engine and see if there is a difference somewhere in injectors, injector timing, camshaft, ect. You may be able to interchange internals such as a camshaft from an earlier engine that will wake up your engine. I am not fully familiar with your engine but on my B3200, V1505 engine, fuel timing and injected amount is changed by working with the shims unter the rack pump. Pull shim and the timing advances and will add a little more stroke to the pump plunger.

I started my Diesel work in 1980 when I bought a diesel VW wagon with a NA 1500cc, 48 hp engine. I have rebuilt, tuned and modified the VW, Mercedes 5 cyl turbos and the Cummins 5.9 engines for extra power. Some of it was simple some of it was not
I learned that to get more hp, I had to turn the pump up a bit but not too much to make it smoke like a chimney. I also played with the injection TIMING. I found that advancing the fuel injection timing helped a bit. Believe me, when you are driving a 48 HP car. especially if it is loaded, you want to find any extra hp you can.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well to troll....

First;
Turning up your RPM's is going to spin your alternator so fast that you risk burning out the $1500.00 in laserstar lights that you have bolted on your tractor.

You know if you burn them up you can go on ebay and maybe get them for cheaper than amazon sells them, you can find all sorts of bargains on ebay

I found this ebay seller that has a lug nut that I've been looking for, I think I'll buy a few and then run the seller all over the place trying to make the sale right after I complain.

This would be a demonstration of a troll! ;)

At 16,661 posts I'm dedicated troll too! :D

Last edited:

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
Well to troll....

First;
Turning up your RPM's is going to spin your alternator so fast that you risk burning out the $1500.00 in laserstar lights that you have bolted on your tractor.

You know if you burn them up you can go on ebay and maybe get them for cheaper than amazon sells them, you can find all sorts of bargains on ebay

I found this ebay seller that has a lug nut that I've been looking for, I think I'll buy a few and then run the seller all over the place trying to make the sale right after I complain.

This would be a demonstration of a troll! ;)
The lights will be okay they are under warranty and I checked the alternator it is capable of spinning 2800 rpm.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The lights will be okay they are under warranty and I checked the alternator it is capable of spinning 2800 rpm.
Are you missing how I trolled you?;)
Do you want me too explain it to you and everyone else?
Come on you can get it Doug.

Last edited:

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
Are you missing how I trolled you?;)
Do you want me too explain it to you and everyone else?
Come on you can get it Doug.
No I got exactly how you have trolled me this whole thread. Tractor me I know a troll when I see one.
Explain what? How you are sick in the head, boarder line harassing now?
Or what you going to narc me out like a little bitch?

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
I just looked at the tier 4 epa regs and engines less than 19KW (25.5 HP) have only to meet a particulate matter requirement. Hence I believe the reason that this engine, which appears to be mechanically capable of 30HP output, is limited the way it is so as not to require any other systems to make it comply with the stricter regulations for engine with output greater than 19KW (25.5hp). So it's set up as a rule beater by limiting output.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Did you click on the link for the service manual?
That is almost identical to the service manual for the exact engine in the l2501.
I spent hours at the dealership on their computers researching before I even posted this question. I spent hours researching.
I have seen the exact most current service manual for the kubota d1702 engine in the l2501 and the specs were identical to the service manual I linked to.

Did you click on the link?

Ok I agreed to the fact that there could be other systems effected by the higher rpms and asked several times to discuss any concerns anyone has but instead everyone wanted to bash me about how I am an idiot who is going to blow up his engine turning it up to 2800 rpm, 200 rpm below the max rpm for that engine.
I am at a dealership looking at an official service manual telling me something and instead of believing what I see with my own eyes directly from kubota I should believed people online who don***8217;t know their ass from a hole in the ground?

Like I said if we want to have a discussion about other ***8220;systems***8221; on the tractor that can be effected by running higher rpms than great I was hoping for that.

But if all we want to do is bitch about how I am going to blow my engine up, which is 95% of this thread then forget it.

Like I said before I am very confident that turning the engine up to 2800.

Did you click on the link?

Edit: the manual I listed is for the exact engine in the l2501. Exact specs as the service manual the dealership has for the d1703 engine in the kubota l2501.
The kubota l2501 doesn***8217;t have any teir 4 emissions. It is below 25hp not requiring any emission.
The d1703 teir 4 engine is the same as a teir 1.

The exact service manual for an L2501 does not show 2800 as max RPM.
The exact engine in an L2501 is a Tier 4 compliant version.
The exact version engine used in an L2501 is not the same as a Tier 1 version.

What Super secret info can you see by sitting for hours looking at a dealerships computers? I ask because I want to read the secret stuff too!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
[/COLOR]

What Super secret info can you see by sitting for hours looking at a dealerships computers? I ask because I want to read the secret stuff too!
That's the answers I've been giving him too, but I'm a troll for doing so.

Careful, you'll be named a troll for disagreeing with him too. :rolleyes:

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
[/COLOR]

I wish you guys would quit trolling me.
I am referring to the d1703 engine service manual.
And you are referring to something totally different.

I seen the engine service manual with a chart that clearly states the d1703 engine produces 25hp ar 2200 rpm and 30 hp at 2800.
Believe what you want and I will believe the facts.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Doug the only troll is you.
We are all telling you the same information...But we are all wrong???
Sorry that's not the case here.

Your done.
I'll be sending you a PM with more details.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I figured several of you would like to see the PM I got from him:

From me; North Idaho Wolfman

We have heard enough from you on your l2501.

No one, including me, deserves to be called a troll and insulted in any other way.

Any post you make in the future must be respectful or you will be banned permanently, period.

North Idaho Wolfman

Rdrett said:
Let me guess.
You are going to cry like a little baby to the mods and narc me out like a little baby?
I think you***8217;re post describes exactly what kind of person you are.
You have threatened to.
Turn me in to the EPA.
Turn me in to kubota.
Turn my dealer into kubota.
Turn me in to the mods.

WOW you are acting like a 5 year old baby.
I am going to go tell daddy on you.

Are you really one of those kind of babies?

Ban me? Ha, you think I care? I am done with this forum full of ***8220;experts***8221;.

You are trolling me and I called you out period.

You***8217;re threatening means nothing to you.

I have never threatened you!

Do what you have to do. I am signing off of this forum and will not ever be back.
Guess he never figured out I am a MOD. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.