Chip DPF Delete Discussion

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I haven’t found anything not to like. In the winter I wish I had bought the cab model, but I know I would destroy it in the summer when cutting between the trees.
I wish I had both an open and cab tractor, and you are right, you can damage things on the cab. I broke one of the amber flashing lights that are near the roof on a tree branch already. That said, I'm mowing 30 acres of field in the summer and having A/C with a cabin filter and not breathing all the pollen made it worth the extra cost. Having heat in the winter is just icing on the cake.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I wish I had both an open and cab tractor, and you are right, you can damage things on the cab. I broke one of the amber flashing lights that are near the roof on a tree branch already. That said, I'm mowing 30 acres of field in the summer and having A/C with a cabin filter and not breathing all the pollen made it worth the extra cost. Having heat in the winter is just icing on the cake.
I try to mow a few days after a rain. But I have resorted to a face mask before. AC would be nice, but it really doesn’t get too hot here. I mow 20 acres.

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I would work there for a month and then move to Montana.
Not a resident of a blue state but planning to relocate to Montana in the near future to be near my only son.

Wonderful place, but with a low population, easily turned by immigration, legal or otherwise.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I’m wondering why you would want to avoid a regen? It doesn’t stop you from working and is over in 10-15 minutes.
Because (in my case at least) regens seem to always occur when I am finished and heading back to the barn. Maddening!

I have gotten into the habit of hitting the inhibit button a few minutes before finishing a task on tractors without a DPF scale, e.g., L6060. I pay attention to the DPF monitor on the L6060 and only hit the inhibit button if it is close to regen and I am nearing completion of a task.

Fortunately, I plan to downsize and relocate in the near future and will dispense with all such toys when I do.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Not running emissions equipment on modern diesel military equipment is a tacit admission of the unreliability (and added expense) that us mere consumers are required to bear, all to 'save the planet' of course. You could use the argument that the military doesn't use an SCR (DEF) system on their diesel equipment because of the possibility of not being able to get DEF in remote areas and having the vehicle shut down. However, argument doesn't hold true for other emissions systems such as a DPF or cooled EGR, which military vehicles also lack. Neither the EGR nor the DPF systems improve engine performance, they strictly are in place to control emissions but have the downside of creating serious reliability problems, which is of course why the military doesn't use them. I've heard sworn testimony from current top-level ranking military leaders that the biggest threat the US faces isn't foreign enemies, but rather is "climate change." The hypocrisy is rich, given if that really were the case, the military is not utilizing these longstanding diesel engine emissions controls devices. And you are 100% correct on aircraft emissions as well.
Bingo!

That said, greenies are pushing to force the US military to comply with commercial emissions regulations.

There seems to be no end to the insanity.

Reactions: 1 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have 60 hours on my new tractor and have yet to experience a regen. Dealer says it’s because I’m running the RPMs right. It’s not a frequent process.
Almost certainly, it has happened and you simply haven't noticed.

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
Almost certainly, it has happened and you simply haven't noticed.
This is me. Unless I happen to see the regen light on in the dash I don't know it is happening. I've seen posts where people claim that the tractor sounds different and smells different during regen but I've never noticed either with my Kubota. If it weren't for the light coming on I wouldn't know.

I've also seen claims that the regen process uses a lot of diesel. But I'm pretty sure my Kubota uses less diesel at PTO rpm than my old John Deere, yet it is a higher horsepower tractor.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
M7060 with low/side mount exhaust certainly has a different tone during regen. I've found them to have a slight "backfire" sound. Also the air intake tends to emit a slightly different tone as the air valve (aka throttle) shuts a little bit as commanded by the ecu. But frankly, unless you listen very, very closely, you can't tell it's happening. If it weren't for the ignorant light in the dash, 99% of folks would never know.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I would work there for a month and then move to Montana.

by working for someone they are making money. If they are in the state of california, by working for em you're supporting them and then supporting the state.

I refuse to do all of the above. Just my preference. Money or not. I have been broke and homeless, I know what rock bottom is. And I'll be broke before I support something I don't agree with.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
M7060 with low/side mount exhaust certainly has a different tone during regen. I've found them to have a slight "backfire" sound. Also the air intake tends to emit a slightly different tone as the air valve (aka throttle) shuts a little bit as commanded by the ecu. But frankly, unless you listen very, very closely, you can't tell it's happening. If it weren't for the ignorant light in the dash, 99% of folks would never know.
Similar with my M9960 with horizontal exhaust.

Always smell heat when my B3350 regens but rarely notice when the L6060 does unless watching the lamp. L6060 is clearly the most smeamless.

Never notice anything with my ultra reliable B1750HSD, and never an need to hit the inhibit button.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Similar with my M9960 with horizontal exhaust.

Always smell heat when my B3350 regens but rarely notice when the L6060 does unless watching the lamp. L6060 is clearly the most smeamless.

Never notice anything with my ultra reliable B1750HSD, and never an need to hit the inhibit button.
b1750 is permanently in "inhibit mode"

• Haha