Brand New BX2370 This noisy please help?

02bx22

Jan 7, 2016
Carroll County Maryland
Hi, I just bought a BX2370. Delivered today. I put it in the shed this morning and took for a ride this evening. The resonating noise from this tractor is loud. I investigated and the noise is coming through the intake and air cleaner and traveling up the drivers area. The exhaust is actually quiet. I bought and still have a 2002 BX22 and has nothing like this kind of noise, I have put 1000hrs on that.

Are they all this loud from that area?

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I cannot grasp what the sound is ......so it is not the typical diesel sound then? Are you sitting still or moving? When you drive it the HST whine is a grade A PITA! Is the sound bouncing around in the ROPS? If you were to remove the air cleaner .....would the sound change? - would not do it long however.

Try to explain the sound a little bit more so that we can figure out where the 'ell it's coming from!

I added some diesel treatment to my fuel and my engine seems to run smoother and quieter now days.

02bx22

Jan 7, 2016
Carroll County Maryland
I think the loud diesel noise is coming through the intake, through the air cleaner, through the dash projected towards the user.

So either this is how they are, or this one is excessive.

Last edited:

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
You would think the dealer would have noticed the noise when he was setting it up. I would go back to the dealer and ask for a test drive if he has another BX2370 available. I think most of us with BXs use hearing protection when operating the tractor especially the ones with cabs.

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX 2370 with MMW, FEL and snow blower
I don't have anything to compare to as my 2370 is my first tractor. I did not find it loud compared to my old ride on mower with 10 hp Briggs engine. It is louder but not offensively so. I always wear ear protection. After my cab went on the sound got much louder. With the cab if I don't wear ear protection the sound is loud enough to be unpleasant and accelerate fatigue.

I have tried sound matting on ceiling to see if I could reduce but it was a waste of money.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
I think something is wrong with your tractor or your expectations. I have the 2015 BX2370 too, and there is no odd, loud, or obnoxious sound coming from my air cleaner area. As a (retired) diesel mechanic I have heard a lot of diesel engines run - and there are no unusual sounds (for a diesel) coming from my BX engine. Have you been around (heard) many diesel engines (besides your BX22)?

Perhaps you can post a recording of the sound. If so, try to include the sound from your old BX22 too, for comparison.

I would check the air cleaner assembly closely for a broken mount and to be sure it's touching somewhere it shouldn't be.

Also, as mentioned, go to dealer and listen to another BX2370 to see if the sound is the same.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Thanks for the feedback. I think I have been around a fair amount of diesels both trucks and tractors, plus big block chevy's with 3" exhaust. So overall I have a good feel for noise.

This noise is not rubbing or loose, it is very loud diesel noise coming up the intake line and resonating through the drivers area. Put it this way, it is so loud at 2400 rpm i dont want to drive it up to the mailbox to get my mail and it is brand new.

Thinking about all the noisey things I am used to, something cant be right.

I am going to Kubota now to compare..
That was going to be my suggestion- go to your dealer, and ask to hear a couple other 2370's. Then, you will know if it is a design issue, or isolated to your tractor.
Whatever the cause is, I doubt that it is normal.

02bx22

Jan 7, 2016
Carroll County Maryland
The area of the tractor that is making the more aggressive loud noise and some resonating as you are sitting in the seat is the drivers right side. Lean over to the right i find it less tolerable, over the left and more traditional diesel.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The area of the tractor that is making the more aggressive loud noise and some resonating as you are sitting in the seat is the drivers right side. Lean over to the right i find it a little obnoxious, lean over the left and more traditional diesel rpms.
I have a similar BX2360, and the right side is the exhaust manifold, not the intake side of the engine. That could account for the resonating "feel" to the sound.

I'm wondering if you have poor exhaust manifold gaskets, connections to head or muffler are loose, or the manifold itself is cracked.

Best wishes for a resolution!:)

Last edited:

02bx22

Jan 7, 2016
Carroll County Maryland
I checked the manifold area as I thought it was a good lead, but I dont think that was it. Took it back to the dealer, they had a brand new 2670 in the shop. They were very polite and offered it to me to drive around the parking lot... I drove it 15 feet and said thats 100% better. He offered me to upgrade to the 2670. I gladly did. And they made it easy.

Thanks for the feedback and support.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
He offered me to upgrade to the 2670. I gladly did. And they made it easy.

Glad it worked out for you.

Best wishes with your new tractor!!:)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I checked the manifold area as I thought it was a good lead, but I dont think that was it. Took it back to the dealer, they had a brand new 2670 in the shop. They were very polite and offered it to me to drive around the parking lot... I drove it 15 feet and said thats 100% better. He offered me to upgrade to the 2670. I gladly did. And they made it easy.

Did you deduce why it was so loud?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

When you say they offered to upgrade.....you mean they gave it too you or shelled out a little more? Either way - that my friend is a good dealer - that is what good business is all about! I am glad that you are in a situation that appeals to you, and I hope that she runs like a swiss watch!;)

I am with Hodge - like to know what is causing the sound in the 2370 (I have the same model - little older but would still like to know):)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I am with Hodge - like to know what is causing the sound in the 2370 (I have the same model - little older but would still like to know):)
I'm with both you guys.

We have MANY members with BX's, and that's the first I recall that issue in my 3 years here, and straight out of the box no-less.

o2bx22's description was very well said and detailed, and I'm still wondering a problem with exhaust manifold/muffler, etc......but I'm just guessin':confused:

Last edited:

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Glad you got a resolution, but would be curious as to the cause. We have two BXs a John Deere 2305 and now 1025R and the noise level on all was pretty low.