B 7200 Clutch ??

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi guys. Started splitting the 7200 this afternoon. The old giirl looks pretty sad. Its been sitting outside for the last 3 months. Everything is done up top. Tomorrow I will climb under and do the hydro line and seperate the front diff, and then look around and see how many things I've missed. I'll keep you guy's posted. The question's should start right shortly.

Last edited:

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Well done! Tackling the job yourself. Hats off! If you could snap a few pics as you go that would be cool to see - might help (or scare) others from doing the same thing.

Do keep us posted on your rebuild progress!

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Dusty, was it giving you an error or anything when you tried to post pics? You should be able to add attachments/pictures by clicking on "Manage Attachments" below the editing box and then browsing and uploading a picture or two...

I'll check out those pics in your album now... Yep, looks like you're ripping into it pretty good! That Cub I see in your album there is actually in pretty good shape. How long have you had that?

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Actually I've only had it for about three months. I bought it when the 7200 broke or to state it right-- when I broke the 7200. I thought the cub would do untill I got the kubota fixed. NOT A CHANCE!! The Cub is not in bad shape but it needs some TLC. I have it for sale but untill I do some work on it I don't think it will sell. Which is fine by me. Unless someone like me comes along I could'nt sell it the way it is. I'll try to put some more pics up. Kinda got distracted this morning.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Guys. Well it's apart, the clutch is pretty well pooched but the splines are spun smooth as a babies butt. The shaft is not pretty either. I will check the flywheel for flat it has taken some heat.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
The rest of the pics are in my album .Pic of the shaft DSC00043.jpg Okay I just ordered clutch , pressure plate, release bearing , propeller shaft, clutch pedal spring , pilot bushing . I must really love this Kubota. This thing came apart really nice , somewhere about 5 hrs to this point. I havent taken the shaft out yet. The manual does not give a clear description as to procedure. I'm just gonna rip it out, well not literally, it will come out alright , Just one piece at a time. OK shafts out, parts should be in in the morning.

Attachments

Last edited:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Guys. This tractor is really nice to work on. The more I work on it the more I appreciate the quality. A couple of questions, 1 the pilot bushing shows very little wear, I will check for play with the new shaft,I know if this bushing isn't right it mess things up. 2 There is a joint at the back of the shaft by the tranny, it seems to be in good shape, but again if its going to be a problem I might as well change it now. Any input would be appreciated, Thanks.

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
When ever I replace a clutch pack I always replace the pilot bushing. The main reason is the wear pattern on the old one will not match the new parts and because you are replacing the input shaft it make for strange noises that are hard to find until you have to go back in and do the bushing. So since you are in there it far easier to do it now and put the new part that you already have then to go in a 2nd time.

I always had the opinion that once in and once out. It is far easier to get the things that look worn to replace them now to prevent issues in the future.

I made the same mistake once to save a couple dollars when I did the water pump on my wife's car. I skipped replacing the timing belt and ended up a month later having her car towed back home and I had to go right back in and replace the water pump again along with the timing belt and the pulleys. The water pump was damaged by the belt getting tied up under the pulley.

So save your self a lot of grief and do everything that needs or even things that do not look like needing replacing and do it now.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thanks Michael. I wish I could say I have only done it once. At least this time I'm not under the gun. I have time to check all the other things you want to check but never have the time. I did replace the pilot bushing and seal. I am leaving the ball joint at the rear of the propeller shaft it looks in good shape once I got it cleaned it up. I want to clean the tractor up a bit, paint the frame and rebuild the hood. I think it was you that left me a link for parts. But no hood. Oh well, it will be fun rebuilding it. But just because I like doing it does not mean I'm any good at it. Thank's for the input.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Son of a U know what. Right clutch wrong pressure plate. You would think a smart guy like me would a checked right away. Not quite as smart as I thought.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Well I went and picked up the right pressure plate and it is installed , snapped a bolt off in the flywheel, Lucked out it came out with a punch. Reinstalled and everything is good to go in that end. Tomorrow I will have a crack at putting the propeller shaft back together in the tractor. It's that rear joint that is going to be the problem well not the joint just the spring clip that holds it in place. In the meantime whilest waiting for parts I did some rippin and tearin .

Attachments

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
OK Guys , the clutch is in the front is connected to the back, push pedal in you can turn the propeller shaft, let the clutch out you can't turn the propeller shaft. Thats as far as I am. I am doing some cleanup and paint work and I want to rebuild the hood. And a bit of work to the power steering cylinder. My son put that clip on the propeller shaft, took him 5 min , I was ticked but thankfull. Everything went together quick after that. Thanks Ben and thanks to Vic and Mr K. and Michael for the encouragement and advice.

Attachments

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey guys , I'm still workin away. I thought some people might be interested in the power steering on this thing. I have to modify the rear mount. When I put the cylinder on the tractor I welded the rear mount to the loader frame. No loader now. So I modified the original step support.

Attachments

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Trouble is I (won't) put it back together the way it is. It's going to take me another week to clean and paint the fenders, steps, firewall, rad guard. And then I'll start it up and set up the clutch. And then I get to tackle that hood. And the real trouble is that I will really enjoy all this. But the rest of my equipment especially the zero turn are crying because the 7200 is getting all the attention and its spring and they want to serviced so they can go out and play too. I'm just cryin the blues because this is taking just about as much time as I thought it would!!!!. Thank's for the support Guys, It helps! It does help.

Last edited: