Adjust speed range on a 2120

R.J.H.

Equipment
GR2120
May 25, 2020
Campbellville
I just purchased a 2120 and on my first run I noticed that the speed when pressing the gas pedal did not vary by much. I also noticed that under the gas pedal was and adjustable bolt. Can I / should I adjust this bolt to allow more movement of the gas pedal?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I just purchased a 2120 and on my first run I noticed that the speed when pressing the gas pedal did not vary by much. I also noticed that under the gas pedal was and adjustable bolt. Can I / should I adjust this bolt to allow more movement of the gas pedal?
Were you simultaneously also using the hand-throttle?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
First: Throw the word GAS out the door, it will get you in trouble, it's a Diesel.

Second: There is no "gas pedal", there is only an accelerator lever.

Are you talking about the HST pedal?

That pedal only makes the mower go forward and backwards, but does not change the engine speed, that is all done via the hand throttle / hand throttle.

Reactions: 1 user

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
I thought he was talking about travel speed, if so on my T series there was a nut/bolt adjustment under the floorboard near the HST pedal that worked...for me

Reactions: 1 user

R.J.H.

Equipment
GR2120
May 25, 2020
Campbellville
I thought he was talking about travel speed, if so on my T series there was a nut/bolt adjustment under the floorboard near the HST pedal that worked...for me
Thanks for the info. I will take a look at my tractor and adjust it if necessary. I might have been a bit pre-mature in thinking that it needed adjustment as I just had received the tractor and was comparing it to my F3080.

Ron