Rear Work Light Connectors on B2650HSDC

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

This is the connector for the rear work lights on the cab of my Kubota B2650. It's about 3/8" wide and 3/4" long. I want to mount a pair of 27 watt LED floods for blowing snow this winter.

I don't want to go with the Kubota factory work lights because:

1. They're stupid expensive
2. They're incandescent
3. Like me, they're not too bright.

Any information on what this type of connector is called and where I can put my mitts on a couple would be greatly appreciated.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Paul, go to powerwerx.com and look at the OEM connectors. The HF2 and HF2SOC seem to be close to the picture.

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Those are close and would work if I replaced the stock connector and used them as a matched set.

I'll keep that link and let you know what the final solution was.

Thanks!

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

So, I wound up just using some water-proof, heatshrink bullet connectors I already had on hand. Mounted a pair of 27W Tufflite's to the bracket the 4-way flashers were mounted to. Just extended the arm with a piece of flat stock to get the light housing far enough away from the cab to allow the rear window to swing up and let me angle the lights enough to aim them where I wanted them.

I think that'll be plenty of light for snowblowing. Just hoping the glare won't blind me...

(I knocked the rear lens off the left flasher mowing somewhere, haven't gotten a replacement yet.)

gmbc

Equipment
B2650HSDC ,bucket, Forks, Front Snow blower, MMM, Tiller, Land Rake
Mar 11, 2016
Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada
Just doing same installing work lights. Cannot find those connectors and Kubota dealer not much help. told me have to buy the whole light kit. will be installing with different connectors and switch. Where did you find the wiring in the cab to those connectors in the back? Is there a connector in the dash area??

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
You have to take the cowling/dash lose. Bolts low on each side and a screw in the middle of the dash. You don't have to take it all the way off just pull it away from the windshield and you will see the connector, mine was taped to the wiring harness with blue tape. It is on the left side.

Last edited:

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I cut both the front and back off.
Then I used the male and female blade connectors.
I made them interchangeable and polarity specific.
Then heat shrink on all connections.

I can interchange lights, say one goes out and I need to finish before I get the replacement.
I can easily change lights if I want to upgrade, replace or add.

Highmarket

Equipment
B2650hsdc
Jan 15, 2019
Constableville NY Tughill
I tinned the wires on the lights with solder and just pushed them into that connector and taped them for now. Was hoping someone would find a part number before i cut the factory connector. Its been in there for a month and still holding up.

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA
Sorry to say I have not had any luck finding anything close to those OEM connectors. As someone else said, Kubota Dealers have not been any help at all, and also suggest I buy a complete Light kits (front and rear) just to cut off the connectors.

I'm also disappointed that the dealerships never offered to call their main Kubota Contacts to ask about the connectors.

SOMEONE has to know who makes those connectors !

I am getting ready to cut off all the ends coming off the tractor and crimp on some quality bullet connectors, but I'd rather use OEM.

Last edited:

DaveM3615

May 20, 2020
Waterloo, Iowa
I bought a new B2650 HSDC a months ago and was looking to put rear work lights on it. In doing my research I stumbled upon this thread. I looked and looked for these connectors. Some how So I was able to find these connectors on eBay. .ebay.com/itm/Braided-Pigtail-Connector-for-adding-rear-LED-Lights-Kubota-B-and-L-tractors/153758738258?hash=item23ccbc2752:g:cv4AAOSwD9Jd8XNL

I hope posting links is allowed.

I bought them a few weeks ago and got them a few days ago. Tonight I was able to install the rear work lights switch I bought from the same seller and then hooked the connectors up to test them. I used my multimeter to test the connectors and switch, everything works perfectly! Unfortunately didnÂ’t get my led work lights installed yet as I am still figuring out how I want to mount them.

Dave

Reactions: 1 user

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I bought a new B2650 HSDC a months ago and was looking to put rear work lights on it. In doing my research I stumbled upon this thread. I looked and looked for these connectors. Some how So I was able to find these connectors on eBay. .ebay.com/itm/Braided-Pigtail-Connector-for-adding-rear-LED-Lights-Kubota-B-and-L-tractors/153758738258?hash=item23ccbc2752:g:cv4AAOSwD9Jd8XNL

I hope posting links is allowed.

I bought them a few weeks ago and got them a few days ago. Tonight I was able to install the rear work lights switch I bought from the same seller and then hooked the connectors up to test them. I used my multimeter to test the connectors and switch, everything works perfectly! Unfortunately didnÂ’t get my led work lights installed yet as I am still figuring out how I want to mount them.

Dave
I tried your link but was not able to make it work.

Is this the same:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...1313&_nkw=braided+pigtail+for+kubota&_sacat=0

Last edited:

gmbc

Equipment
B2650HSDC ,bucket, Forks, Front Snow blower, MMM, Tiller, Land Rake
Mar 11, 2016
Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada
Tried the ebay link but connectors for lights do not come up in link. Wanted to use origianl connectors without having to cut off pigtail from factory lamp. \Dealer cannot help

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA
I never did find matching connectors. NONE of the dealers was helpful. They all played dumb, and said they had no idea where to find them or how to get them.

I don't know why none of them would call Kubota and ask......

They passed up an opportunity to make some money.

DaveM3615

May 20, 2020
Waterloo, Iowa
I never did find matching connectors. NONE of the dealers was helpful. They all played dumb, and said they had no idea where to find them or how to get them.

I don't know why none of them would call Kubota and ask......

They passed up an opportunity to make some money.
I think this one might work. Worth checking it out

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA
I think this one might work. Worth checking it out

Hi Dave3615.

It looks like the connector, but it's still kinda hard to tell because he doesn't have a shot directly into the connector to see it's shape.

But I need BOTH the Male AND the Female ends, because the front and rear connectors are reversed, or opposite, of each other on the Front -vs- Rear.

I have sent a message to the seller, but she is away until the middle of November.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and really hope that this will be what I need/want.

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Here is a picture from that add of a straight on shot of the connector.

connector.jpg

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA
Here is a picture from that add of a straight on shot of the connector.

View attachment 49686
Thank you wgator.

That's what I need. I just sent an email to the seller asking if she has 4 "complete sets" of the male/female connectors. I hope so....

I've been looking for nearly two years without success and jerry-rigged some connectors, but would prefer to just use the oem connectors so my lights look better.

Hopefully she'll get back to me as soon as she returns on Nov. 15th.

Thanks again to everyone for the help and info.