Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I use the following in my diesel every fill up:

Stanadyne Performance Formula Diesel Fuel Additive for conditioner / cetane booster and Biobor JF for biocide

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I thought he meant a double dose of biocide. I do use Stabil diesel fuel stabilizer in my large storage tank along with the JF Biobor.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
With regards to power service biocide, I just went through my first winter of owning a tractor, and had a bottle of biocide sitting in the garage all winter. I noticed a week or so ago that the liquid had turned to a solid mass. Even though the temperature was in the 50's in the garage, it was solid. I put it outside in the sun for an hour or so and it was now liquid with waxy like particles floating in the liquid. I may have missed something on the bottle, but could find no reference to not exposing it to freezing temps. I have not used any of it yet this season, but I question if it is still usable. Anyone else experience this phenomenon?

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
I use the Power Service gray bottle and the Bio Kleen at each fill up. Doesn’t get cold enough down here that I feel the need for the white bottle - yet.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
With regards to power service biocide, I just went through my first winter of owning a tractor, and had a bottle of biocide sitting in the garage all winter. I noticed a week or so ago that the liquid had turned to a solid mass. Even though the temperature was in the 50's in the garage, it was solid. I put it outside in the sun for an hour or so and it was now liquid with waxy like particles floating in the liquid. I may have missed something on the bottle, but could find no reference to not exposing it to freezing temps. I have not used any of it yet this season, but I question if it is still usable. Anyone else experience this phenomenon?
Toss it. IMO

DeepWoods

Equipment
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Ok, so I did some searching on the Power Service website and found that the freezing temperature of Bio Clean is 50.9 degrees Fahrenheit.:eek: I did find that it is not to be stored below 50 degrees Fahrenheit. It never stood a chance in the garage. I am going to contact Power Service to ask them if it is freeze thaw stable before tossing it. I will also store it properly for a while to see if the waxy particles dissolve at higher temps. I had used less than a quarter bottle when it froze. I will update if I get a reply from Power Service.

Last edited:

DeepWoods

Equipment
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Here is the response I received from Power Service regarding Bio Kleen:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Power Service. Bio Kleen does freeze at temperatures below 50°F,but this does not change the efficacy of the product. Allow Bio Kleen to thaw at room temperature and use as directed. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thank you,
Jessica Crabtree
Director of Technical Services
Power Service Products, Inc.
P.O. Box 1089
Weatherford, TX 76086
817-599-9486 (p)
817-599-4893 (f)
jcrabtree@powerservice.com

I looked at the bottle that was frozen, and it is now free of the waxy particles that were floating earlier. So its good to go.