Fabricated cup holder for the Kubota Grand L

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Maybe... :rolleyes:

What I have figured out is that our cultur of working is different to a lot of other societies. Most work to live, the germans say they live to work. We don't call our work a job, we use "Beruf" which means something like "the reason to live". So we normally don't have a behaviour of " It's not my job", we care about the product and efficiency.
Money is in the end just to support your living, but not really the reason why you do the work.
Of course there are also those who live at the edge of surviving...

I like this way of culture, because you are pleased by the work you get done. You are proud about your skills.
Like you... ;)

carl
Not maybe. Germany has always been the best in my eyes. I have always been impressed and respected the way your people do things and it takes a lot to impress me. It seems these days the average North American work force are just working for a pay cheque and nothing else. Very little pride left. Yes it's nice to get paid for a job but it's more important to do it right and to the best of your ability. Thank you for your kind words sir :). Paul

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I hope you never stop postin my friend, you are one of the ones like Todd that do things for the love of it, and, could you maybe make a few bucks,,sure you could, but I guess its the love of the game that makes you so good at what you do. I wish I could do at least some of the things guys like you can do, but I can't all I can do is stand in awe and say DAMN aint that sweet

Wildfire

Equipment
I hope you never stop postin my friend, you are one of the ones like Todd that do things for the love of it, and, could you maybe make a few bucks,,sure you could, but I guess its the love of the game that makes you so good at what you do. I wish I could do at least some of the things guys like you can do, but I can't all I can do is stand in awe and say DAMN aint that sweet
I doubt I'd ever stop posting. Posting keeps me in touch with my internet friends ( you included ). You give me to much credit though. My local buddies do it to. I've been on this earth for 50 years now so it's nice to hear that folks like what I do. I do enjoy restoring, customizing and everything related to it.

Love to invent as well and you really only see a very small portion of my work. The sad part is my day job is vehicle repair and although I like it I don't love it. As for your ability to do this stuff. Well I just didn't go out to the shop and do it. Nope. I trained myself to weld and all aspects of welding. I went on to master painting and moved on to machining. With that and more you get to see some of my work. I guess what I'm saying is " practice makes perfect". If your really interested in doing something you'd be surprised just how fast you can learn to do it. As I tell everyone " if I can do it anyone can". Give it a shot. I'm really glad you enjoy my work and posts. That's why I'm still here ;)

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
wildfire, ???? I was building a mid mount scraper blade for my bx useing a 4 inch angle and welded a hardned bead along one edge. Once it cooled, i noticed it had bent the angle iron. What should I have done to prevent that.??

Wildfire

Equipment
wildfire, ???? I was building a mid mount scraper blade for my bx useing a 4 inch angle and welded a hardned bead along one edge. Once it cooled, i noticed it had bent the angle iron. What should I have done to prevent that.??
Ya I feel your pain but there are things you can do to minimize warping in that sort of application.

- Try to weld short beads then let cool and start again on the opposite end and work towards the center. Remember. Run short beads and let them cool before proceeding to the next bead. Patience

- Some times clamping the material down can minimize warping. If you clamp it to a thicker metal the heat will dissipate into the thicker metal minimizing the warpage.

- Lowering the setting on your machine will also help minimize warpage. You won't need much penetration using angle iron so depending on the rod you used you might get away with a lower setting and still dun the bead you need.

Warpage is not a welders friend. It happens to all of us. The trick is to always try to minimize it and that is the trick. I'm sure there are other ways to minimize warpage. One time I even semi- submerged a part in water to prevent warpage and it worked very well.

Hope this helps.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Thanks, I'll try to remember that. I was so intent on makeing nice straight even long beads. They were nice but they weren't straight.
I couldn't believe that 4 inch angle bent that much. I drove my f250 up on it and reheated it . It straightened out some but not all the way.