OPINIONS: 3rd function or diverter valve Summit Hydraulics???

Titan17

Equipment
L3901 TLB, Caroni RFM, Scag Wildcat ZTR, Piranha TB,York RE 96", MTL HD 48" grap
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
Few questions: (application L39 TLB)
Opinions on Summit Hydraulics. They have a good website and tech support. Sell on eBay and their site. Reasonable prices.

Diverter valve kit VS power beyond solenoid kit?
I'm thinking 2 kits. Power beyond kit for loader and diverter kit for backhoe tied into backhoe bucket curl for thumb.

Both functions would have momentary 3 position switch on control knob. Thumb would be on bucket curl lever. An experienced operator told me you don't usually curl the bucket and close the thumb at same time but it's quicker to open thumb and uncurl to release. Tieing into stabilizer cyl. circuit is another option that allows simultaneous use.

Power beyond circuit at fr. loader allows all functions to work simultaneously for more attachment applications.

Hope someone has experience with these systems.

Last edited:

Hake

Jan 7, 2017
Ky
I'm curious about this as well. I have a b26. Any opinions or suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsmoor

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Nov 1, 2019
Ellensburg, WA
Just thought this might help someone out there. I ordered the Summit 3rd function valve kit for a B2650 just because it was comparatively inexpensive and although there wasn't a lot of information out there, I couldn't really find anything negative. I'm very happy I did. I have zero experience with hydraulics but it showed up quickly and seemed to be of high quality. The directions they sent with the kit are terrible but if you call them (customer service guys are awesome), they have some installation pictures that they will send that are very helpful. On my tractor, one of the 90* elbows that come with the kit sits too high and doesn't work. They offered to expedited the correct part but didn't want to wait so I found it locally. Also the wiring harness was a little short so I had to slice in about 2 feet of 16 awg wire. Again, I'm pretty handy but have zero experience with hydraulics. I took my time installing everything so I probably spent 3hrs on it. If I had to do it again, I'm guessing I could get it done in less than half that time. Attached a grapple today, spent a couple hours moving brush into burn piles and everything worked flawlessly. Couldn't be happier.