L245dt kubota ROPS installation/ question

TM9311

Jul 3, 2017
normal il
I contacted my local dealer in regards to the kubota safety program 3 weeks ago. They knew nothing about it (-_-) and said they would call kubota. well a week went by of promising they would call me "tomorrow" and blaming people at kubota I finally got the feeling they weren't too motivated.

Called another dealer late in the day and they knew exactly what I was talking about and ordered it next day when they opened. I showed him the $148 price online and he saw it and said it was a little different. Something along the lines that it was over 200 or 300 but kubota "gives" the dealer cash credit.. Idk. 1.5-2 weeks later I got it. got to the store and the gentleman seemed to be slightly bothered with it, asked me what price he told me (didn't care for that) and in the end I walked out with the kit for $140+ tax. Then we were looking through the box and i got the "there's a seatbelt too?!, I would have charged more if I known that". Kidding aside, be careful who you order through, it may be a pain in the ass for the dealer and they may not want to bother anymore. I consider myself lucky.

Moving on. Installing it tonight it went smooth so far, very awkward, suggest two guys to hold it while setting bolts. I am at a point where I do not know what this "H" piece is supposed to go it as there is no room for it and it will hit the seat mount. anyone have ideas.

Attachments

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
I contacted my local dealer in regards to the kubota safety program 3 weeks ago. They knew nothing about it (-_-) and said they would call kubota. well a week went by of promising they would call me "tomorrow" and blaming people at kubota I finally got the feeling they weren't too motivated.

Called another dealer late in the day and they knew exactly what I was talking about and ordered it next day when they opened. I showed him the $148 price online and he saw it and said it was a little different. Something along the lines that it was over 200 or 300 but kubota "gives" the dealer cash credit.. Idk. 1.5-2 weeks later I got it. got to the store and the gentleman seemed to be slightly bothered with it, asked me what price he told me (didn't care for that) and in the end I walked out with the kit for $140+ tax. Then we were looking through the box and i got the "there's a seatbelt too?!, I would have charged more if I known that". Kidding aside, be careful who you order through, it may be a pain in the ass for the dealer and they may not want to bother anymore. I consider myself lucky.

Moving on. Installing it tonight it went smooth so far, very awkward, suggest two guys to hold it while setting bolts. I am at a point where I do not know what this "H" piece is supposed to go it as there is no room for it and it will hit the seat mount. anyone have ideas.

Called my dealer about a l175 rops a couple weeks ago and he said he couldn't order them anymore. Sounds like bs. Going to call another dealer tomorrow as looking at getting a landpride rtr0452 tiller. Maybe they'll be willing to do the paperwork if that's tied to it.

I'd feel lucky too. Glad you posted. It renewed my desire to keep trying.

- Mike

TM9311

Jul 3, 2017
normal il
The instructions in your first image don't mention the h piece?
ran out of room. some more.

it did mention it and all is say is install "holder" to frame i dont see how it can work unless i have a unique seat mount

I was originally going to make one but figured i'd try since it was still on the main website. I couldn't build it for that much. and it looks nicer!

They did say it came in a very large unnecessary crate so prepare to pay for shipping.

Attachments

Last edited:

TM9311

Jul 3, 2017
normal il
Well turns out I was making way harder than it needed to be. The H piece went between the tube and not to the frame. duh. I will say i had to undo all hte bolts to get it back in there though even thought i followed directions. ALso, suggest making some of the holes a little bigger, they werent all perfect.

used holes to mount plate for light. yes its above the bar but didnt want to drill or weld on it.

Attachments

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
Dealer I ordered my tiller through came through and got me a rops. It's a spl-22. Haven't had a chance to install it yet. Ended up paying 148 - tax plus shipping so 192 dollars total. Not bad! Hope it fits the 1500!

The guy said he had never done the safety program either but had it here in a week. Does seem hit or miss. Glad you posted! Inspired me to try again and was successful!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
TM, if you tighten the spring up on your door it will pull it up a couple more inches, for a bit more clearance.