Dad's 1st Tractor.. Now it's my 1st Tractor... Have a few questions

Doug

Equipment
L175, L2350
Aug 24, 2009
Oregon/California
Hi Everyone, Okay I was given (with some stipulations) my dad's L175 (he now has a L2250) and some implements. 915 hours, engine was rebuilt 100 hours ago due to Gas being added to the Fuel (Never Loan Tractor Without Guidelines On Use!!!).

So here are my first few questions... more to follow I am sure :) also 3 pic's in the gallery (Have more if needed):
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/kubotagallery/?image=103
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/kubotagallery/?image=102
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/kubotagallery/?image=101

1. What is the year? S/N: L1500 40757 I asked my local Kubota Dealer and he was unable to go back that far with his books. I have the Service Manual and 2 IPB's (1972 and a 1978). The Tach in the 1972 is the same as mine. Oil pressure only inside the Tach.. No charge light in the tach. It "DONT" have the Special badge on the right hood as Vic's L175 does in the gallery pictures although it does have the hand rails on the back fenders.

2. FEL has a 2990 in black decal and it is (was) white in color. My dad bought it later from a friend who did not know what kind it was either. Anyone have a idea? BTW, it works fantastic on the L175 and the bucket is 38 inches.

3. How do you remove the headlight bulb? From research I think the bulb is a 6235Y. Would it be better to replace/update the socket or does the 2 headlights provide enough forward lighting in snow?

4. My fuse cover is missing.. are the fuses just wires... cause that's all there is in the holder.. should/can I change these to the tube style fuse and if so what are they rated at? I am pretty sure this is why the fender turn signal lights do not work and my horn also :( and will know after I use my meter to trace the power.

That's enough for now.. any info would be much appreciated :) for those wondering I was given a Thrasher Mower, Rototiller, 6 foot grader, a 3pt "Ripper" frame??? and a Post Hole Digger with 6 & 10 inch augers... oh and a sickle too... lot's of toys to play with :)

Last edited:

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Those "wires" in the fuse box either are or should be "fuse/element strips".

They are readily available at a "good" Kubota dealer. Since they are easy for me to get at this point I am keeping my fuse panel, but I really don't like it at all and I am looking for something to replace it with that has modern style fuses. So far my search has not been successful but if you find something that works I hope you will post a pic so I can see it and maybe use it too.

I had to dissasemble the entire headlight bucket to get my bulbs out. :eek: Pain!!!

BTW.............. how wide is the tiller that you are using???

Oh........... congrats on the little L175. I like mine.

Last edited:

Doug

Equipment
L175, L2350
Aug 24, 2009
Oregon/California
Thank you for the fast reply's Aquaforce and Small&Mighty :) The tiller that I have is a Maschio Model L105 (http://www.deurimplement.com/maschio.htm) and seems to work well on the L175. The tiller in the gallery pictures was removed and put on my fathers L2250. It worked well also and was 60" I think but he wanted it and who was I to say no.If interested I can get the model and size for you. As for the Fuse-box Small&Mighty has done what I want to do. I see his block uses 4 fuses and mine only has 3 strips in it. Guess a visit to the Kubota dealer (or here) can provide me the ampre rating for my fuses I hope.

Update on my FEL: It is a Great Bend L2990, now I guess it is made by Bush Hog. I found a tag on a support arm when I raised it so I could fully open the hood to paint the exhaust black since I am not fond of "Rust" Brown. Hood will not open fully unless the FEL is raised. Hoping to find out the specs and capabilities.