Best place to pick up hot wire connection

Bjones

Equipment
L2800
Apr 23, 2017
walhalla, s.c.
L2800 and am thinking of mounting a cooling fan underneath the canopy and wondered where to get power supply without splicing into a hot wire like for some of the lights. Is there an open space in the fuse box to tap into. Thanks

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Your operator manual will have a wiring schematic and will give you wire sizes and loads. Check your circuit load needs and fuse panel for free circuits and tap in accordingly. Avoid long runs.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Before anyone can answer this question properly, the OP needs to state what the current requirements are for the fan.

fuzzydawg

Equipment
L3400 HST
Oct 11, 2011
Bluffton, MO
I've got an L3400 so I'll assume our wiring is pretty much the same. Look under the rear wheel fenders for this pair of wires (for an optional light kit). It's switched power, only hot when the key is on. Yellow is hot, black is ground.

Instead of cutting and splicing, you can just get the crimp-on snap connectors below. Note they're smaller than the usual automotive size.

The power is already fused at the block - I forget what amperage - but you can easily add an in-line fuse holder to your fan wire to keep it safe.

(Sorry for the sideways pictures - the attachment manager did that)

Attachments

Bjones

Equipment
L2800
Apr 23, 2017
walhalla, s.c.
I've got an L3400 so I'll assume our wiring is pretty much the same. Look under the rear wheel fenders for this pair of wires (for an optional light kit). It's switched power, only hot when the key is on. Yellow is hot, black is ground.

Instead of cutting and splicing, you can just get the crimp-on snap connectors below. Note they're smaller than the usual automotive size.

The power is already fused at the block - I forget what amperage - but you can easily add an in-line fuse holder to your fan wire to keep it safe.

(Sorry for the sideways pictures - the attachment manager did that)
That is perfect, exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks so much