Good price for B2650 turf tires/rims

hawkin

Equipment
B2650hsdc, QD/LA534, front mount blower
Jul 29, 2017
Grand Forks, ND
Wondering what a good price for R3 tires/rims would be? Found a new takeoff set for $500. Currently have R4s. Are turf tires worth it? I don’t seem to have a problem messing up my yard with the R4s in summer and seem to get good traction in winter with my 63” front mount blower. What’s the consensus?

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
Hawkin, if the R4's are working for you, why change. R3's are a good fit for turf work and pushing snow, seems you have that covered already.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Another thing to remember is that turf tires fit a different rim than R4's

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Wondering what a good price for R3 tires/rims would be? Found a new takeoff set for $500. Currently have R4s. Are turf tires worth it? I don’t seem to have a problem messing up my yard with the R4s in summer and seem to get good traction in winter with my 63” front mount blower. What’s the consensus?
If that price is for a set of tires/wheels for your tractor, and if they are in good/great condition, AND if you really think they would be useful to you, I would jump on them for that price.

That being said, years ago I bought a set of turf tires/wheels for my BX2200. The ONLY time I used them was when I was getting my R1 tires foam filled. For over ten years (probably 15) they have waited to see service again. I doubt they ever will.

Bill

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Another thing to remember is that turf tires fit a different rim than R4's
Different rims, but they are the same size. I have turfs on r4 rims. No issues.

I switched to turfs because they suit my needs better. The only regret is the fronts and using the loader. They have softer sidewalls.

sent from a field