Kens Bolt On Hooks

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
The first addition to my L4060 three years ago was to add (3) bucket hooks from Ken. I can't weld to save my life, so I used the bolt on hooks and left them the original anodized color.
I am somewhat local to Ken's business, so I picked them up and got a tour and explanation of his shop. Impressive quality control (and a nice guy!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
My hooks from Ken should be here tomorrow according to the tracking number. Hope to get them installed over the long holiday weekend.

Creig

Equipment
1986 B7200HST-D, 1640A FEL, MMM, B2660 front mounted blower, Sims cab
May 24, 2017
Michigan
Based on everyone's description of Ken's products and excellent customer service, I added three of his hooks and two clevice mounts to my B7200. Put them to work only minutes after I installed them to lift and move an engine/transmission onto my trailer for a run to the salvage yard. They made for nice, secure chain mounting points.

BobInOK

Jun 3, 2019
Catoosa, OK
I bought hardware store hooks, the one with the pin for a chain. Removed the pin and welded 3 of them to the top of my bucket. Haven't broken or bent one in 10 years of heavy use on a 47 HP tractor. Doesn't have to be pretty to work.

SolbergDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800HST w/LA1065 FEL, Bobcat forks, QH10, RB3784, BB3584, RTA1274
Jul 12, 2018
PHILLIPS, WI
My only concern would be bending the upper lip of the bucket with prolonged use. Kubota offers (I think) 3 different buckets, a light material bucket an intermediate one and a heavy duty bucket, which is what I have. The top lip on the HD bucket actually has a pipe section welded across the top and 3 gussets welded from the front bottom to the rear as well as side gussets from the cutting edge up the side. I've put mine through it more than once and it never protests. In fact, I run a double hay spear that affixes to the bucket and no issues at all. She flexes a bit but never bends.

I'm surprised the dealer didn't tell you that. I know when I bought my M9 new, my dealer told me and I got the HD bucket.
I would expect the FEL will quit lifting before any serious defection.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I was an idiot, measured wrong, Ken had the correct hooks to me inside of 2 days while I mailed the others back (that I received 4 weeks prior!). Awesome personal support and a great guy to work with.

Last edited:

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
I was an idiot, measured wrong, Ken had the correct hooks to me inside of 2 days while I mailed the others back (that I received 4 weeks prior!). Awesome personal support and a great guy to work with.

+1 on this my father bought me hooks for Xmas and ordered the wrong ones and Ken was gracious enough to let me ship them back and sent replacements which works flawlessly. One day after installing i tore up a stump with a huge rootball and couldn't scoop it into the bucket or roll it in by hand and the hooks and a chain solved that problem in 20 seconds. I've also used them to pull up a large number of old fence posts that the prior owner cut at ground level and have concrete balls at their base. I screwed a single eyebolt into each one and used a chain with the hooks to just pull them directly up and out of the ground. Prior to that I was driving into them hoping my toothbar would bite enough to curl them out and was having mixed results.

Good stuff!

DaveyBoy

Equipment
MX5200 4WD, LA1065 LOADER, LandPride RB1564 Blade, DirtyHand 100 12" Auger
Sep 13, 2019
Mountain Home, Idaho
Hello All, I have a new MX5200 w/the LA1065 (Light Material) bucket. I planned on mounting 3 of Ken’s bolt-on 5/16" chain hooks to it but am considering Clevis mounts also.
This is my first big-boy tractor other than garden tractors so hauling loads of various size, weight, etc is new to me. Any helpful information regarding the Pros & Cons of adding Clevis Mounts and/or chain hooks would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.. Dave

Michael In Tennessee

Equipment
MX4800HST
Mar 14, 2018
Niota, TN
Hello All, I have a new MX5200 w/the LA1065 (Light Material) bucket. I planned on mounting 3 of Ken’s bolt-on 5/16" chain hooks to it but am considering Clevis mounts also.
This is my first big-boy tractor other than garden tractors so hauling loads of various size, weight, etc is new to me. Any helpful information regarding the Pros & Cons of adding Clevis Mounts and/or chain hooks would be appreciated.
I reckon it depends on what work you do. For my general cleanup work on my 24 acres, I have found no need for clevis mounts. I have 2 hooks located at the FEL arm positions on my MX bucket.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
+1 on this my father bought me hooks for Xmas and ordered the wrong ones and Ken was gracious enough to let me ship them back and sent replacements which works flawlessly. One day after installing i tore up a stump with a huge rootball and couldn't scoop it into the bucket or roll it in by hand and the hooks and a chain solved that problem in 20 seconds. I've also used them to pull up a large number of old fence posts that the prior owner cut at ground level and have concrete balls at their base. I screwed a single eyebolt into each one and used a chain with the hooks to just pull them directly up and out of the ground. Prior to that I was driving into them hoping my toothbar would bite enough to curl them out and was having mixed results.

Good stuff!
Thanks Tiktock :D

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Dave, welcome to OTT.

I've answered your emails, hopefully the info was helpful.

The clevis mounts and shackles are nice when/if you use straps, slings, or ropes instead of chains for rigging and lifting, they don't fit well in the grab hooks.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
One more very satisfied buyer of Ken's hooks here. I measured according to the directions but couldn't BELIEVE my tractor took the tallest hooks he sells. It did, perfect fit. I went to install them and discovered his Kubota drill guide was not in the package. I believe this was on Saturday. I called the number given and spoke with Ken himself who told me the guide would be shipped right out. I was amazed to find it in my mailbox today - Monday. I don't know how THAT happened. I don't usually get good mail service. Bottom line - the hooks are very well constructed and customer service is over the top!! I may add clevis mounts later, I'll have to wait and see if I have a need for them. Dealing with an American company and a "little guy" to boot, getting a top quality product - how can you improve on that?

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
One more very satisfied buyer of Ken's hooks here. I measured according to the directions but couldn't BELIEVE my tractor took the tallest hooks he sells. It did, perfect fit. I went to install them and discovered his Kubota drill guide was not in the package. I believe this was on Saturday. I called the number given and spoke with Ken himself who told me the guide would be shipped right out. I was amazed to find it in my mailbox today - Monday. I don't know how THAT happened. I don't usually get good mail service. Bottom line - the hooks are very well constructed and customer service is over the top!! I may add clevis mounts later, I'll have to wait and see if I have a need for them. Dealing with an American company and a "little guy" to boot, getting a top quality product - how can you improve on that?
Thanks Roadworthy, it was a pleasure talking with you the other day.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
We don't have the clevis mounts, but we do have the hooks and use them a LOT! My dad commented last Saturday this was the best $50 he had spent in a long time.

We have them on his MF 383 and on my Kubota. We use the hooks all the time to drag trees and implements we find buried. They haven't let us down yet.

Attachments