3 pt. quick hitch decisions

Pote

Apr 3, 2019
'Murica
Hi all. There are wide price differences in quick hitch options. I know there is consideration for the implements not being 100% in spec and the need for tactile adjustments. But prices go from $100 - $500. Is there really $300 value difference between Harbor Freight vs. Titan (for example).

I've read some of you have Harbor Freight. Do their chinese built products live up to my lower expectations? My opinion about Northern is not far different from HF.

On the far other side of the equation, why would I want to spend premium money for Orange or Green when a strong mid-price is likely what i will settle on?

Anyone ever had one break or become unusable? What brand was that?

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Also check out Pat's Easy Change. No worries about different dimensions, you won't have to modify any existing or purchase certain types of implements to fit. Another big benefit is not having a cumbersome steel box in your way, when trying to wrestle a PTO shaft on. No need to buy adapter bushings, although non clevis type lower mounts will need the bent washers (it comes with 2 pairs of them IIRC).
Absolutely superb customer service too. I broke a spring on one of mine, called and got a hold of them and a super nice lady took my call and info. No questions asked, she sent out a complete rebuild kit for both left and right sides, free of charge, and it was in my hands in 3 days.

Pats Easy Change Cat1 setup, can be had for right around $160. EDIT; $165

Both styles have their pros and cons.

Last edited:

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Well I haven't tried different brands, but I have a Braber Equipment and looking at one sitting beside a Land Pride I could not tell the difference. I paid $175 Canadian for it and the Land Pride was almost $500.

It works with all my Kubota, Land Pride and Wallenstein implements.

If you order one from Braber or another Canadian distributor can save a bundle right now with our low dollar.

My only complaint (not sure how the others are) is the locks tend to rattle lots when you have no implement in it.

So far it has 6 years of snow blowing and box blade building and maintaining one mile of bushroad I made.

Attachments

EZstreet

Equipment
L3901 HST
Sep 16, 2016
East Tennessee
My $99 HF special has done everything I have expected. It was the best money I ever spent on my tractor. Takes less than 5 mins to hook up bush hog - down from 20 mins and a hammer without it.

Just my $.02 worth.

EZ

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
I got my HF QH for $79 with one of their coupons. It has worked great, can't believe I didn't get one sooner. Had some fitment issues with non QH compatible implements, but switching the upper hook out with one from boltonhooks.com fixed that

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My only complaint (not sure how the others are) is the locks tend to rattle lots when you have no implement in it.
Flip the levers in the upright position and see if that's any better. ;)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Thought about the HF for one of my M's but I'd probably break it.:eek:

GRTkub

Equipment
B2650 HSD
Mar 27, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I'm down in Florida for the month and HF had a 25% off coupon so I bought 2 quick hitches for $75 each. I plan on welding one to a loader QA plate so I can move my implements around easier. I am going to use the other one in the regular manner on the 3 point of my B2650. Hard to beat that deal for two. I'll make whatever alterations or adjustments that I have to when I get back home.

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
I got my HF QH for $79 with one of their coupons. It has worked great, can't believe I didn't get one sooner. Had some fitment issues with non QH compatible implements, but switching the upper hook out with one from boltonhooks.com fixed that

I saw the picture of your extended imported QH Hook. My question is; is the extended portion of the hook the only change from the original design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loner16

Equipment
B-7800
Im confused by ***8220;Extended Imported QH Hook***8221; and ***8220;made in the USA***8221;
Nothing to be confused about...

Ken is referring to fitment for an imported (asian) QH, like HF and many others. The replacement hook is US made.

The pin spacing is different.. 40mm (1.575") and 12mm pins for the imports, and 2 inch spacing and 5/8 pins for the I-Match.

Ken has great products, Refer to him for correct fitment.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I started with the HF. Had issues with the supplied lower lock pins. The plate broke off the back of one while hogging. I had another pin so I replaced it, and then replaced the one that didn't fail as well. Lots of noise from the HF QH as well. Another thing I ran in to was that it was way too wide for my box blade and I had to replace the pins on it with longer ones to get it to work. Still lots of slop and wiggle and noise when using it. I didn't replace the top hook, but I had to move it when I used the box blade and then put it back to the original position for the brush hog. Nothing really quick about it.

I took it off and got a set of Pat's a couple months back. Much quieter and it fits all my implements. The HFQH now lives on my brother in law's green as a free gift. I'm happy and he is happy.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Im confused by ***8220;Extended Imported QH Hook***8221; and ***8220;made in the USA***8221;
I think it is made in US but intended for use on the imported QH.

Oops, I see NIW beat me to it.