Blown hydraulic hose - l175, l1500dt

njblanco10

Equipment
l1500dt, l175
Jan 6, 2018
Larsen Bay, Alaska
Hey guys,

Was cold up here yesterday morning on Kodiak. I was sure to hit the glow plugs for a good 60 seconds and she started right up however a hydraulic line blew upon her starting up. I have attached a picture.
Seems to me it blew just before where the hydraulic fluid enters the pump.
I don't know how to fix it, so I'd sure appreciate some ideas. Thanks for your time, fellas.

- Nick
Larsen Bay AK

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That's the out (high pressure line) and it looks like someone has cut the line and added the rubber lines, looks like they used compression fittings (not a good choice) loosen the nut off the end of the line and see if there is a crimp ring under it.
Clean everything up flip the ring over if it's the same on both sides, reinstall nut first then compression ring then fitting (should fit inside the fitting a ways), then, using 2 wrenches tighten the fitting down very tight!

baronetm

Equipment
L3901HST w/FEL, 3rd fnct. BH77 BH, 5' Bushhog, 6' BBL, 42" Forks, WoodMaxx WM-8H
Apr 19, 2017
South Central VT.
I believe this may be the type fitting you are looking for, check the dimensions of your clean hydraulic tubing and hose end before ordering it may be metric. If you have a hydraulic shop in your area they may have what you need or at least the expertise to order or give you good information to order the correct item.
In my past experience when one of these fitting blew off a steel tubing, I most always had to cut the tubing back beyond the previous crimp for the new fitting to hold and seal correctly, good luck.

An additional note, if you do get the fitting on and holding without trimming to new clean tubing and it leaks, you may not be able to get the nut and farrell off. At this point you may have to carefully cut the farrell off and/or trim as little tubing as possible. As I said good luck. Was always easier in an industrial application where it was someone else's time and dime.

Compression to JIC adapter.

http://www.hydraulicsdirect.com/Pro...VB1_P5jF6cI3M_21XUaAWAFpTmrGAjrRoCtbwQAvD_BwE

Last edited:

njblanco10

Equipment
l1500dt, l175
Jan 6, 2018
Larsen Bay, Alaska
I can't thank you guys enough. I'll cut it back (with a pipe cutter?) as minimally as I can before installing the new compression fitting. Hopefully it does the trick. Best of luck to you gentlemen.
If I mess up I'm sure I'll go with your suggestion of sending it to Island Hydraulic in Kodiak.
Best of luck to you gentlemen.

- Nick