Install of water temp gauge - L245DT

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
When you remove the plug…take it with you and slip the threaded portion alongside the adaptors to see if they properly “mesh”…to confirm compatibility.

Hollywood21

Equipment
L245
Oct 12, 2022
Louisiana
I installed my gauges right above the steering column on the sloped cowling which was the perfect angle for good visibility through the steering wheel. I used 5" long pieces of DWV black plumbing pipe to house the gauges, as I could not locate a three gauge exterior mount to my requirements. I use the bungee cord to keep a clear baggie over the gauges in rainy weather as they are not water resistant as was described and the temperature gauge fogs up internally if rain hits it directly. I plan on adding a third gauge for oil pressure that comes with audible and visual alarms for low pressure. The wires and tubing go into the engine compartment where the hood opening gap is. No wire pinch occurs.

My L245DT had the plug in the head for mounting the temperature sensor. Because yours does not have one I suggest you might try a properly sized radiator hose adaptor from Amazon like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Te...se+adapter&qid=1648523091&s=automotive&sr=1-5

Let us know how it turns out.
View attachment 77366 View attachment 77367 View attachment 77368
Mike,
What size is the adapter in the block?