Tooth Bar Review (BXPanded - Piranha)

sodak

Dec 28, 2015
Sioux Falls
I put a Piranha Tooth Bar from BXPanded on my B3030 this weekend. Holy smokes, that thing is awesome. In a short period of time I had used it to demolish an old shed, then dug and leveled about 6" worth of soil.

I thought I would have to buy a ripper or box blade to tear up some topsoil before running the tiller over some virgin ground (grass), but I think I can get all of the prep work done with this, pretty easily.

It is easy to attach (and remove) but I can't think of why I would want to take it off.

If you get one, consider also getting the step drill bit from the website. I didn't have a bit that big and thought I would be able to find one cheaper locally. I was wrong.

RedTailHawk

Jan 6, 2013
Capon Bridge, WV
I just added one recently and use it all the time. Used it as a scraper to remove mountain laurel and small tree stumps from a new mountain side food plot. Dug up an old rusted out road culvert and installed a new one. Wish I had gotten the Piranha a few years ago.

Also, I did get the step drill bit. Installation took me less than 10 minutes.

jay2

Jun 30, 2015
kington, ohio
Mine said to use 3/4'' bit. I stopped at 5/8'' because the bolt went right in. I drilled with three size bit's a little at a time. A pro told me the key is to drill SLOW. He was right. Also after 1st hole was in I switched to the outside of the bucket and drilled inward. More room for drill and hands.
jay

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
5/8" or 3/4". Bigger than I would have guessed from the pictures I have seen. Thanks for the information and, happy digging to you both! :)

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
We had rain on top of the packed snow on the driveway this year and for the first time I couldn't make it up the hill with my 4wd F150. I finally needed a tow truck to get out. To break up the ice I took the snowblower off and put on the fel with the Piranha Bar. I didn't have chains at the time so I would run up the hill until the tractor started sliding down. Drop the bucket with the Piranha Bar pointed down to stop sliding and then drag the bar down the hill gouging the ice. Each run up the hill I would get a little closer to the top. When the tractor could make the top so could the truck.

fenderbender

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23s
Feb 29, 2016
TOCCOA. GA
Ordered one for my L2501 Monday, Said it would be about a week to get it because it's their busy time of year

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Ordered one for my L2501 Monday, Said it would be about a week to get it because it's their busy time of year

You will find in about 2 weeks .....that it is the best money you ever spent! :)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Now wait a minute. That is an overstatement. "You will find in about 2 weeks .....that it is the best money you ever spent!"

BEST money EVER spent...

RyanS

Equipment
Kubota B2601, Massey 65, Sunstar 18.
Apr 10, 2016
Liberty Center, In
I can see the Difference from the piranha tooth bar and a regular tooth bar. But wich one works the best. The cost is not much different.

I know I will need a tooth bar for the work planned with the 2601 and I am thinking of going with a regular tooth bar like this:

$_1.JPG

sodak

Dec 28, 2015
Sioux Falls
I can see the Difference from the piranha tooth bar and a regular tooth bar. But wich one works the best. The cost is not much different.

I know I will need a tooth bar for the work planned with the 2601 and I am thinking of going with a regular tooth bar like this:

View attachment 21705
What kind of work do you want to use it for and out of curiosity, why are you leaning in that direction?

Unless there is something you need that size of teeth and gap between them for, I think you would find more use out of the Piranha. I have used both (albeit not both on the same machine) and for digging, I think the Piranha will absolutely outperform a standard tooth bar.

RyanS

Equipment
Apr 10, 2016
Liberty Center, In
I am cutting sod for the first job of the tractor to install new driveways and parking areas. It's second job will be cleaning out the barn from the last set of cattle we raised. The third job is putting a gravel floor in the barn and that may require the removal of dirt. I have to cut sod for a friends pool install. We may be busting up some concrete.

I was leaning towards a regular tooth bar for no real reason other than they look very durable. Both the Piranha tooth bar and a regular install the same so I guess I need the one that will make the best use of the bucket.

sodak

Dec 28, 2015
Sioux Falls
The Piranha arguably extends your bucket a little bit and as far as durability is concerned it is probably 3-4x as thick as your bucket.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Now wait a minute. That is an overstatement. "You will find in about 2 weeks .....that it is the best money you ever spent!"

BEST money EVER spent...
It will take him that long to say .....wow, money well spent !!!:D;):)

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I have had both and the PTB has been better hands down. I never take it off where the regular bar was on and off depending on what the need of the bucket is. You can also rake with the PTB. I gave my regular bar away as it sat in the weeds.

RyanS

Equipment
Apr 10, 2016
Liberty Center, In
I think I will order the Piranha Bar tonight after the tractor gets delivered and I can get a inside measurement of the bucket.

fenderbender

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23s
Feb 29, 2016
TOCCOA. GA
Ordered mine Monday received it Thursday immediately put it one and removed a stump I've been fighting with. Should be standard on every fel bucket

vinnyfish1

Equipment
BX18770.. G1800
Feb 16, 2016
Avon IN
It may not be the best money I every spent . But it sure has made the best sub-compact tractor I ever spent money on way better. I'm glad I bought it