how do I lock belly deck in up position - Kubota b2100

Rich_S

Equipment
B2100
Apr 19, 2013
SW France
Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone knows how to lock the belly mounted cutting deck in the up position, whilst still being able to raise and lower the rear 3 point hitch? At the moment it involves a bar and chains.... but I was hoping that there is a simpler way!!

Thanks

R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich_S

Equipment
B2100
Apr 19, 2013
SW France
Ok....not sure what that actually means...I have the lever that raises the deck, positions 1-7...and a wheel to adjust the speed of deck and pto drop...

Rich_S

Equipment
B2100
Apr 19, 2013
SW France
I realise that you are talking about a knob that I don’t have on my b2100, but is on bx series. Any other ideas anyone?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I realise that you are talking about a knob that I don’t have on my b2100, but is on bx series. Any other ideas anyone?

Not familiar with your B2100, but suspect that it has a terrain following deck (gauge wheels). If so, it will not have a height adjustment knob.

Both my B1750 and B3350 have terrain following decks and fixtures are provided to lock the decks up in the raised position to allow use of the lift without removing the deck.

Your owner's manual will show how to do this.

SDT

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia

Ah, sorry for the bad info.:eek:
Yes, I have a BX, my dad had a bunch of other B's over the years but I never used the mower. I installed it a few times but that was 20+ years ago.

Rich_S

Equipment
B2100
Apr 19, 2013
SW France
No worries,

Thanks for the responses. There is a Lock up position for the front of the deck (underneath) but nothing for the back that I can see.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
No worries,

Thanks for the responses. There is a Lock up position for the front of the deck (underneath) but nothing for the back that I can see.

Both my B1750 and B3350 have mechanisms to lock the decks in the raised position, front mounted pins on the 3350 and rear mounted links on the 1750. Neither have both F & R mechanisms but both hold the decks in the fully raised position F & R.

SDT

Rich_S

Equipment
B2100
Apr 19, 2013
SW France
Both my B1750 and B3350 have mechanisms to lock the decks in the raised position, front mounted pins on the 3350 and rear mounted links on the 1750. Neither have both F & R mechanisms but both hold the decks in the fully raised position F & R.

SDT

Thanks, the deck is extremely difficult to fix in the up position as the fixing holes never match up without me using a jack to lift the deck higher and in to position, so will just have to use the chain system that I have devised, which allows for me to lock reasonably quickly (without a jack). I was living in hope that I had missed a trick that would make my life simpler.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Thanks, the deck is extremely difficult to fix in the up position as the fixing holes never match up without me using a jack to lift the deck higher and in to position, so will just have to use the chain system that I have devised, which allows for me to lock reasonably quickly (without a jack). I was living in hope that I had missed a trick that would make my life simpler.

Sounds like your MMM is not properly installed/adjusted.

Mine would present similar problems if not properly adjusted.

Not all dealers take the time to do this.

SDT