hst problems

kubote

Sep 22, 2016
Maine, USA
I have a b2630 that is driving me mad. The hydraulics just aren't cutting it. They work when they feel like it, and will stop working at any time. That includes the hst drive and the bucket operation. There is jerky motion in the bucket as well. All the backseat mechanics told me to change the hydraulic fluid, so I did, but it made no difference. As of today it's parked until I can figure this out. It only has 435 hours, but all I can figure is the pump is junk. I don't want to spend a grand on that only to find out I was wrong though. When I am trying to use the drive it is also pushing back on the pedal. Actually broke the hst bar and had to replace it. What am I overlooking? Thank you.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
By everything you are saying, It sounds like it's sucking air into the pump.

That would cause all sorts of erratic operations of both the Hydraulics and HST system.

Look for seeping leaks (wet spots) on the suction side of the pump and HST systems.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
By everything you are saying, It sounds like it's sucking air into the pump.

That would cause all sorts of erratic operations of both the Hydraulics and HST system.

Look for seeping leaks (wet spots) on the suction side of the pump and HST systems.
That...or...does it have a suction filter? Restriction on the suction side somewhere?

kubote

Sep 22, 2016
Maine, USA
Thank you guys. Now for another question= where in the world is the hydraulic pump located on this B2630? I thought you could find everything online, but not when it comes to Kubota.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Several ways to do so on-line. Kubota usa parts, then choose illustrated parts list, will get you there. Messicks and Coleman Equipment have on-line diagrams provided by Kubota.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Thank you guys. Now for another question= where in the world is the hydraulic pump located on this B2630? I thought you could find everything online, but not when it comes to Kubota.
Look on the Right-hand side of the engine.