New (to me) KH-30SR

Telcodude

Sep 24, 2010
St. Helens, Oregon USA
I've recently purchased a used Kubota KH-30SR mini-excavator. I've always wanted one but only recently found one I could afford. It purrs like a kitten and works great. I saw the previous owner had marked the hours and date on all the filters and I wanted to find a manual for the unit as this is my first 'Heavy Equipment' and I wanted to service it properly.

Oh, the joy I've felt after starting this quest. :(

First, I was was soundly rejected out-of-hand by my local Kubota dealer. I had dealt with them MANY times before on my pressure washer and lawn mower units and they were AWESOME. Needless to say, I was totally surprised when they treated me like dirt on the trac-hoe. They've even ignored my emails on the subject. Won't even respond!

Then I found this place.

So, I've ordered a supposed manual on CD from Ebay (I'll be surprised if its what I wanted) and began the long process of searching for my options if/when I need them.

So, I welcome any and all advice on where to go for support. I've Emailed Vic for a possible manual. I await the arrival of my CD. I'm actively searching for a parts dealer here in Northwest Oregon that is sympathetic to our plight and devoutly hoping my KH-30SR runs forever, never needing a part.

:D

Mike

Telcodude

Sep 24, 2010
St. Helens, Oregon USA
An update on my Trac-Hoe..

I received the Ebay CD, and as expected, it doesn't contain a manual for my SPECIFIC model, but does include the manuals for other KH/KX and 'U' series trac-hoes. I would imagine a LOT of the info would pertain to my unit, though.

So, if anyone needs that info, I can provide a link to my web site where they could download that file, if need be.

Still looking for a manual for my SPECIFIC unit.

Anyways, thanks for the opportunity to sound off.

Mike

Hondarosa

Equipment
Logging
May 21, 2011
NW Oregon
Hey Telcodude- I'm just over the hill from you in Scappoose up on Pisgah Hm Rd. Hows the KH running for ya? I've got a KH-52SR, and love it. Currently looking for front idlers. Anyluck finding a parts source? Wouldn't mind peeking at your dvd if the offer is still open.

Cheers
Hondarosa

Telcodude

Sep 24, 2010
St. Helens, Oregon USA
Hey Telcodude- I'm just over the hill from you in Scappoose up on Pisgah Hm Rd. Hows the KH running for ya? I've got a KH-52SR, and love it. Currently looking for front idlers. Anyluck finding a parts source? Wouldn't mind peeking at your dvd if the offer is still open.

Cheers
Hondarosa
Dude! Absolutely you can have a copy of that DVD. And, no, I've found no parts sources yet. Haven't NEEDED one, but it's only a matter of time.

The Trac-hoe is doing fine, so far. Purring like a kitten. I'll get back to you and we can meet up and talk about it, if you like.

Mike

lens

Equipment
Too many to list
Feb 25, 2009
DIXON,IL
The service manual you got is for the domestic models. I have quite a few parts book for the Japanese models, but not yours. I can check with Japan for it. I can supply parts, but without part #s it is pretty hard to get the right parts.

whitemtauto

Equipment
kh 30 excavator
Nov 14, 2010
lancaster,nh USA
The service manual you got is for the domestic models. I have quite a few parts book for the Japanese models, but not yours. I can check with Japan for it. I can supply parts, but without part #s it is pretty hard to get the right parts.
Do you have a service manual for an aproximate 1985 KH-030 excavator? I have the parts manual, which is an absolute must if you have a gray market machine. Thank you.

Reactions: 1 user

Telcodude

Sep 24, 2010
St. Helens, Oregon USA
Well, it's happened. My KH-30SR was purring like a kitten, until this week, when the right front track idler FELL OFF. The bearing is completely gone and the bearing surface has probably too much damage to even seat a new bearing.

If ANYBODY knows where I can get parts, I'm definitely in the market.

Hondarosa, I wish we had a local dealer that would help..

Lens, I'll try to scare up some parts numbers this weekend and get back to you. So far, you're the ONLY hope we've seen for parts for these things. If you like, email me and we can start a dialogue.

TelcoDude

Telcodude

Sep 24, 2010
St. Helens, Oregon USA

Cheers
Hondarosa
We've come across a number of leads here lately. We're actively talking to a number of people and they're looking for parts lists and/or parts themselves. If ANY of them pan out, I'll get back to you and give you all the info we've developed. Hang tough - I've got some real pit bulls working on this. They're the best!

Mike

Bruwzr

Equipment
Kubota KH-52SR
Jan 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
An update on my Trac-Hoe..

I received the Ebay CD, and as expected, it doesn't contain a manual for my SPECIFIC model, but does include the manuals for other KH/KX and 'U' series trac-hoes. I would imagine a LOT of the info would pertain to my unit, though.

So, if anyone needs that info, I can provide a link to my web site where they could download that file, if need be.

Still looking for a manual for my SPECIFIC unit.

Anyways, thanks for the opportunity to sound off.

Mike
Hey Mike,

Do you still have the CD manual for the KH series? I've got a 1991 KH-52SR grey import I'm looking for a manual and a parts lists.

Cheers
Shane

Bruwzr

Equipment
Kubota KH-52SR
Jan 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Cheers
Hondarosa
Gday Hondarosa,
How's your KH-52SR going?
I'm in the process of doing up a 1991 KH-52SR grey import and was wondering if you'd have any manuals, parts lists, helpful information etc. that could be useful in the endeavour of mine ***128563;

Cheers
Bruwzr