Hydraulic PTO Delay Issue

PB2239

Equipment
BX2660
Aug 23, 2019
Carrollton, OH, United States
I am having an issue with my BX 2660 Kubota tractor. Everything works as expected for the Hydraulics but in the middle of cutting grass the belly PTO stopped on its own. After I checked the oil level and controls to make sure it wasn't the safety switches I got it to turn back on. Now with no issues to steering, raising the deck or moving forward and back it takes the deck @ 10 seconds to come on. Nothing is slipping on the belts it is the main drive shaft starts after 10 seconds and the deck works as expected. I changed out all of the 0-rings on the pump and they looked fine, no viable leaks either. I also changed the hydraulic oil, filter and cleaned the partical filter. i don't believe the pump is the issue but what else could it be? I am worried it is the Hydraulic clutch but that is a big project to fix. I want to know it is before i take the entire tractor apart to check it. I do not have loader or bucket either. Anyone had this issue? Dealer said they never have seen this issue before along with have never had to rebuild the hydraulic clutch before either. :mad:

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
First go to this site and download a free Workshop Manual that covers the BX1860, 2360 and 2660.

https://www.manualslib.com/download/1055921/Kubota-Bx1860.html

Page 2 S-15 describes a simple pto clutch pressure test.

You do not need special tools but a universal pressure gauge and hose + a fitting which a hydraulic shop should be able to provide if you bring the plug you have to remove to do the test with you.

There is a special relief valve which only serves the pto clutch and you need to rule it out as part of your problem. The cluch pack operates at a low pressure of 150 to 180 psi which is minimal in your tractor's hydraulic system.

Dave

Attachments