building one B8200 from two

zoombats

Equipment
B8200, BX23S
Feb 2, 2019
penetanguishene ontario Canada
Hey guys. I had a catastrophic break down of my front axle on my B8200 non hydrostat and after much searching and disappointment I have secured a B8200 HST as a donor tractor. The former has a front end loader and a Bradco 8LD back hoe with the frame undercarriage. The HST has a belly mower and has only spent its life cutting grass. I would like to use the newer tractor as the building platform and was wondering about the swapping of the hydraulics from the loader and backhoe to the B8200 hst. The undercarriage looks straight forward enough. I might just for simplicity park my latest purchase in my garage and swap out the axle to keep running my hoe and loader to finish my season. I am building on an island in Georgian Bay so my time is limited for the transition.Any thoughts on the switchover and what troubles I can expect?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Alot of times the HST's will be longer and require different mounts for both the BH and the loader, this may or maynot be the case.

Everything else should bolt up the same.

zoombats

Equipment
B8200, BX23S
Feb 2, 2019
penetanguishene ontario Canada
Thanks Wolfman. I don't quite understand about the length difference in the HST B8200. Is it a different wheel base? I thought the tractor data specs showed no difference in the 2wd/4wd/HST/non HST. Without hydraulics of a loader and hoe would the pump be the same size and location. I haven't taken delivery yet so I am just preparing myself.