Bought My L2501 (and Myself) a Present Today!

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Driving back to WV I decided to stop in the Kubota dealership in Winchester VA today just to look around plus there were a few items I wanted to buy for my newish L2501, if they happened to have any of them, and low and behold they had all three.
For the tractor I bought the secondary inner air filter (TA040-93220 for $17) which is missing on L2501's (maybe other L's as well I don't know?) so now it ingests extra clean air!
For ME I bought the missing right grab handle (T1060-29470) and bucket level indicator kit. :D

It was my first time in the Winchester store and it seems like a really nice dealership with lots of new tractors in inventory. Salesman said after selling New Holland for many years they recently dropped them because of too many problems and picked up Kubota's construction line. He also mentioned that L's are getting the new quick attach FEL like's on the B2601 I was looking over, and hoped they would also have the new R14 tires as an option saying they've been very well received. R14's out pulled R$'s in their tests in Georgia mud.

Last edited:

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Nice to add comfort features to the tractor.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Congrats on your new additions.

Having owned 4 Kubotas now, only this 2501 didn't come with the inner filter screen. All of the other machines have never, ever showed any dirt, dust, or debris on the inner screen; have never replaced one or cleaned one. So I think it's adequate the way it is, but you've just added yet another layer of security.

I made the dealer install the handle upon purchase. They charged me $50 but it was on when I picked up the tractor. I always use this handle for support on side hills and disappointed Kubota would leave it off.

As for the bucket level rod...I had the dealer install one on my MX and I don't think it works all that great so I didn't bother with the 2501. But it does appear the rod on the 2501 is different than the one used on the MX, so I'll be curious to see what you think of it.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Nice to add comfort features to the tractor.
Yes. Traversing side slopes sometimes it's nice to hold on the upper side handle.

Inner filter is probably overkill but Kubota takes the effort to put them on most of their tractors so for $17 mine now has it too.

On this tractor I've experienced difficulty quickly getting the bucket level which I never did on my others, both of which had an indicator of some kind. Heck the LA302 loader bucket had a simple 8" shelf on the top parallel to the bottom of the bucket which worked well enough. If I was able to weld I would have just attached a level indicator of some sort on the top of the bucket.

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
Thank you for posting this, Oliver, I just called the dealer and advised I want the right grab handle installed prior to delivery. I do use both on the B7100, and after seeing yours I feel I need one as well. I may well add the inner filter as well, that is a good idea!

I hope you are putting yours to good use, how was break in? Hard to keep it in check?! I have been very calm this week, but am beginning to get the itch to get her delivered and put to use.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Your welcome Bill, yeah might as well get the right handle. You
may or may not need the level indicator, if you do it’s not much and simple to install.
As far as break in I’ve been using the loader and grapple exclusively and varying rpm from around 1500-1800 so I’ve been easy on it, maybe too easy. I’ll be using my new flail pretty soon though so that should work it.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Thanks for sharing the information. I had already added the right hand grab handle - which does not appear in the l2501 parts manual, by the way. You can find it in the L3301 manual though and it's the same one. The inner air filter was news to me but I'm checking with my dealer, thanks. Can you provide picture and part number for the bucket leveler?

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
I’m not at my home now Roadworthy to snap a picture but the level indicator is Kubota part #L2130. Be aware the kit is not sold through parts dept but it’s available through the sales department.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I added the inner filter to my L too. Mowing in the summer here gets very dusty, I replace the outer filter every year, inner has been good, but for the little money it costs for peace of mind it is worth it to me.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I didn't know about the secondary air filter. I think I will pick one up in the near future. Thanks.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I checked with the parts manager at my local dealer. He indicated the added air filter isn't needed for my usage. It's more for tractors used all day every day in very dusty conditions. I think I'll get it anyhow. I did order the $75 level indicator, though.