B7000 Oil Dilution

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota B7000 Cub Cadet 1782 Cub Cadet 78D York Three point rake Woods RM 400 mo
I Found a B7000 with a Woods RM 400 Mower. Mower is in good shape blade fine. Bearings tight oil in the gear box. Lubed and put on a new belt; wish I were 50 # heavier.
Bad part after making three passes in the yard it sounded strange. Back to the shed. Checked the oil level and low and behold it is over full. Lucky it was not a VW or it would have sucked the oil in the engine and ran away. But trying to figure out where it would be coming from. No foam a tad bit thin. Radiator was low but still no foam when I drained the oil. Checked the trans dipstick it is still full of the hydraulic oil. This I think sometimes not well or else would not have bought it. There is a fuel pump on the side of the injector pump. It has to be that or the injector pump causing the dilution??? If it were an injector would the engine not show it?? You fellows are smarter than I am could use a starting point on how to check the fuel pump or the injection pump

HELP

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The chances that you have either an Injection pump or a lift pump that is pumping diesel into the crankcase is very very rare.
The chances that you have a hydraulic pump that's pumping fluid into the engine is much much more likely!

You could pull the lift pump leaving the fuel lines connected and watch for a leak, like I said it's an unlikely leaking location.

I would drain and replace the oil and filter, then closely monitor the hydraulic fluid, and the diesel fuel use along with the oil level.

Holleyman

Equipment
Kubota B6001, Caterpillar 252B, AM General M813A1, Ford 8N, Komatsu PC30
Sep 25, 2013
80 acres in Athabasca AB
An oil sample will tell quite a bit if you have access to such a facility locally. It can determine if it is fuel dilution with a simple closed cup flash test and the additive packages of hydraulic oil is usually quite a bit different than engine oil. Up here it runs $17.00 to do a sample. Most labs have new oil baselines in their data base for most common oils.

It's an inexpensive troubleshooting step if the problem continues before you have to start pulling things apart.

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
I was wrong about the hydraulic oil being on the full mark
After sitting for a day the oil on the trans dipstick is down about 6mm

How do i find out the model number of the hydraulic pump?
Even to find seals for the pump

thank you

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That should be the same pump as the B7100's had.

P/N 31381-76190

Note: If the shaft bushings have too much wear the seal will not hold, then you will need a rebuilt pump.

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
I am going to run the tractor with the lift pump out when I can find a dry day. Hopefully I will be able to see if the hyd pump is the one doing the dilution.
Joe

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
Pulled the lift pump. Hydraulic fluid from the pump getting into the housing for the injector pump and the lift pump. Ordered a new seal and it seems to be holding. Tried the lift pump actuator while the tractor was running and the only thing comming out of the lift rod was oil ; no leaks. changed oil and a new kubota filter rand and cut grass for half hour no oil dilution

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Pulled the lift pump. Hydraulic fluid from the pump getting into the housing for the injector pump and the lift pump. Ordered a new seal and it seems to be holding. Tried the lift pump actuator while the tractor was running and the only thing comming out of the lift rod was oil ; no leaks. changed oil and a new kubota filter rand and cut grass for half hour no oil dilution
Excellent to hear! :D