What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
A beautiful, sunny but cold morning with a low of 16F at the house this morning, and it's going to get a lot colder this coming week. Not a lot of snow but enough to justify blowing and plowing about 400 yards of driveway. Seriously, virtually no HST whine in low range (maybe even none that I can hear) and the engine in this little beast just purrs. What a perfect tractor for this sort of work. Both the snow blade and snow blower are set up "perfectly" for my needs.

I want to run the M6060 this winter too rather than let it sit, and was thinking of running the snow blade on the M along with a Herd 750 seeder/gritter on the back, but the MX is just really good at this winter work, and running one tractor and one block heater might be the best solution. I don't know ... I'll see how it goes. One thing for sure though, I don't have a rear wiper on the M so running the snow blower on that tractor would be problematic unless I installed a rear wiper which I'll probably do next year.

Oh, I added another set of Outback hose markers to the snow blower chute rotation and deflection hoses to avoid the inevitable " eeny, meeny, miny, moe" routine ever year. I'm steadily getting all of the hydraulic hoses marked this way and I like it.

mx6000_blade&blower_nov22.jpg

mx6000_blade&blower_nov22_02.jpg

outback_hose_markers.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
A beautiful, sunny but cold morning with a low of 16F at the house this morning, and it's going to get a lot colder this coming week. Not a lot of snow but enough to justify blowing and plowing about 400 yards of driveway. Seriously, virtually no HST whine in low range (maybe even none that I can hear) and the engine in this little beast just purrs. What a perfect tractor for this sort of work. Both the snow blade and snow blower are set up "perfectly" for my needs.

I want to run the M6060 this winter too rather than let it sit, and was thinking of running the snow blade on the M along with a Herd 750 seeder/gritter on the back, but the MX is just really good at this winter work, and running one tractor and one block heater might be the best solution. I don't know ... I'll see how it goes. One thing for sure though, I don't have a rear wiper on the M so running the snow blower on that tractor would be problematic unless I installed a rear wiper which I'll probably do next year.

Oh, I added another set of Outback hose markers to the snow blower chute rotation and deflection hoses to avoid the inevitable " eeny, meeny, miny, moe" routine ever year. I'm steadily getting all of the hydraulic hoses marked this way and I like it.

View attachment 90088

View attachment 90089

View attachment 90090
Always hard to tell in a picture, but looks like you have a little bit of a grade…do you do anything for traction? Or you have enough weight that there no troubles? (How’s the MX with ice on your road/drive?)

RCKM

Equipment
2022 L3302, LP B1260 Box Blade, LP 0660 Grapple, Rear Blade, Pallet Forks
Jul 7, 2022
Eastern WI
Creeping up on 50hrs with my L3302 so did some little maintenance stuff before weather gets cold here. Cleaned the air filter, checked the tires, checked fluids…oh oh. Front axle case was low by 2L of the 4.5L required. I know it’s been posted here before about others having the same problem, and I checked my last tractor when I got it, but somehow I missed checking this one (probably because there’s no dip stick on this one). I could kick myself. I think I’m okay though, I didn’t do too much in front drive.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Ran the cutter over the frost killed garden to cut and chop the vegetation. Then removed the cutter and stored it away for winter. Attached my rear blade, and just like that summer turns into winter.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Yesterday was warm but VERY windy, so I decided to do the annual end of mowing season service on my BX. Drained the oil, changed the oil filter, air filter and the fuel filter on the engine. After the oil had drained, I installed a quick drain valve, which should eliminate a lot of the oil mess when the drain plug is removed. It screwed right in and I snugged it up, should work just fine. My only concern though is that it doesn't have a very good flow as the bore is rather small, but as long as the oil is pretty warm, it should be okay.
I also checked the hydraulic/HST oil, coolant, mower gearbox oil, front axle oil. and greased the mower deck, PTO shaft u-joints, gauge wheels and FEL. I wish the front drive shaft had zerks on the u-joints, but it doesn't.

Here is a picture of the quick drain valve installed.

1667786582398.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT

View attachment 90088

View attachment 90089

View attachment 90090
Never seen or heard of this product before. Thanks for the heads up... https://outbackwrap.com/collections/hydraulic-hose-markers

Reactions: 1 users

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
Went on my first road trip with my little B. (-:
loaded.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Actually did it last night after I finished hauling leaves with the LX.

Lubed the FEL and grapple. Coming up real fast on the 200 Hour service now that I have the grapple and can use the tractor for more things. Have all the filters and oil. With the weather we're having, might do the service tomorrow, or brew a batch of beer. Either way, too pretty to be inside.

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
I dropped what was left of a lightning struck tree today. It was a hefty 25’-ish tall. It’ll make a nice addition to my firewood collection.

I found the lifting max of my LX and diameter max of my grapple with one of the logs. I was barely able to securely grab it and could only lift about 6” off the ground to transport.
FC9D0C67-2139-4CF0-B0AA-F9ECA0D5BA47.jpeg
101D888B-A39E-4CBC-BB96-8D65052995BE.jpeg
E8863913-D9C4-4F11-BD61-D4CE7766AA14.jpeg
3A9A1003-7059-4975-89AA-E71501ABBE08.jpeg

Just shy of 50hrs. finally so a full fluid change and filters in the next day or two.

Reactions: 7 users

BX23S

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L3901 FEL, BH, GRAPPLE, PALLET FORK, SNOW PLOW and Hard Canopy
Sep 1, 2018
ID
Did the 50 hrs. service today, changed all the filters, engine oil, topped off all the hydraulics and antifreeze. Also lubed the FEL and fixed the FEL quick attach misalignment. Then called it a day.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Not sure if duplicate or not, cell data has been really lagging lately.

Cleaned the drive shaft up a bit, it supposed to be oiled like every 16 hours, it was probably more like 200hrs since the last time I did this. It was getting pretty difficult to push or pull the driveshaft.

20221106_125012.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Always hard to tell in a picture, but looks like you have a little bit of a grade…do you do anything for traction? Or you have enough weight that there no troubles? (How’s the MX with ice on your road/drive?)
I have a lot of grade to deal with, particularly the lower gravel driveway. I ran chains on the BX25 the first year, then screw in spikes/studs for a couple of years until I had asphalt put down. I ran front chains on the MX6000 open station on gravel for the first winter, but don't run anything on the MX cabbed tractor or M.

The MX cabbed tractor did fine last year without chains but I was plowing/blowing snow yesterday afternoon and it was very cold and I felt like the tires were slipping coming back up the lower driveway. I was in Low range and the situation seemed a little better in Medium range (less torque?). At first I thought I had a fuel issue and maybe I do, but it's also possible that being so cold the tires were slipping.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Keep that chit out up there and out of South Texas.

Looks like the same system that dumped on us
IMG_20221108_135504761_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221108_142226971.jpg
s here in SE Idaho. It inspired me to get my blower and front blade out, and stash some other implements for the winter. I finally found a place for the post hole digger, up and outa the way. The mower goes on top of the rarely used trailer, that I custom built for my since sold U 25 mini excavator. Turns out it's perfect for the L3301 also, dumb luck!

Reactions: 5 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Cleared up nearly a half acre of wooded area on my lot picking up all the dead-fall and detritus from the trees that's been falling since this place was built in 1975, or perhaps even earlier. I am lovin' this grapple. It ain't super heavy duty, but it's about all the grapple I want on an LA535 loader if I'm gonna expect it to lift it when it's full. I was picking up some rotted pine logs that were nearly 24 inches diameter, about 8 feet long, and wet, but had zero problems lifting them. I've done as much work in 2 days with the grapple that I've done since 2004 without it. Gonna have to rent a dump trailer to get rid of this mess now.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Looks like the same system that dumped on us View attachment 90232 View attachment 90233 s here in SE Idaho. It inspired me to get my blower and front blade out, and stash some other implements for the winter. I finally found a place for the post hole digger, up and outa the way. The mower goes on top of the rarely used trailer, that I custom built for my since sold U 25 mini excavator. Turns out it's perfect for the L3301 also, dumb luck!
I have a CAI boom pole but didn't really think of using it to move implements to higher ground. The M6060 loader can go fairly high, but with the SSQA boom pole I'd have no problem raising implements 15' off the deck, maybe more! Perhaps I should put the rotary cutter on the bed of the LMTV for the winter. I could probably fit three or four implements on the bed which is 8ft wide and probably 12ft long.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I have a CAI boom pole but didn't really think of using it to move implements to higher ground. The M6060 loader can go fairly high, but with the SSQA boom pole I'd have no problem raising implements 15' off the deck, maybe more! Perhaps I should put the rotary cutter on the bed of the LMTV for the winter. I could probably fit three or four implements on the bed which is 8ft wide and probably 12ft long.
Same with the tip height of my jib that inserts into the hitch receiver on the forks frame, suprisingly high, handy as heck at times.

As a former tractor owner in earlier years, without a QA on the FEL, I continue to be amazed everytime I use it to swap various implements, I'd never have a tractor without it. Backing the trailer into the shed with the hitch ball on the FEL is so easy, as opposed to backing up.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Consider welding some plate on the back of that grapple to provide your tractor some more protection from wood stabs pushing through. The front pieces on the tractor are not cheap, lesson learned. And when I was using grapple on the CTL, the wood stabs felt like they were trying to pierce me in the cab.
View attachment 89672

Here is mine now with welded plate.
View attachment 89671
My grapple is new, and was manufactured like that.
I like it, but can't see through it.

Reactions: 1 user