Smart TV and WiFi

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Yup.

Piece of cake, just need to know your wifi password.

I was pleasantly surprised that my old wifi box has the range to connect to the upstairs TV AND that my DSL connection is fast enough to stream Netflix.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Call it what you want, conspiracy theory or whatever.

The smart tv’s have the potential to monitor your
Viewing habits and share it with the manufacturers and service providers.
I guess the satellite providers have access to that info already.
Also some tvs now come equipped with webcams,i would like to regulate access to them. Hackers are into everything.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I guess if the hackers want to view a fat old man watching Fox and bytchin about politics and our elected officials, watching reruns of Star Trek and Fire Fly then all they have to do is hack my putter,,,lol .
Big Brother is every where there is no getting away from that , we as a people have allowed this to happen and now we have to live with it

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Skeets, wasn't computer technology originally portrayed as a way to save paper and time? Then it just grew and grew, and we became addicted!

I have a Mennonite friend who raises big barns full of hogs. He told me years ago, he'd be gone for a couple of weeks and when he came back he couldn't believe how much the critters had grown. He compared it to the trash on TV at the time. You are there and get a little bit at a time and never realize how much it changes.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well I jumped in with both feet this morning. Fired it up and well it came on said searching or something like that, next thing I know it shows Pluto, Netflix, and something else. I click on Pluto thing and krist all mighty, there is all kinds of shit there free movies, that you have to wade through TV adds that I guess pay for it all. Though I couldnt find any local channels but Im sure they are in there some place. My wife had Netflix so I got in there I think its 9 bucks a money or something. You are right if you cant find something to watch you are not trying..Thanks much!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Not sure about the internet data bill. We have DSL, land line phone, Netflix (which is $13 or so a month), and old TV antenna. Watch moves 24/7 if one chooses, all the same price. No data charges.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Not sure about the internet data bill. We have DSL, land line phone, Netflix (which is $13 or so a month), and old TV antenna. Watch moves 24/7 if one chooses, all the same price. No data charges.
Same for us. Netflix and prime. TV antennae on the roof to get local stations. Internet is DSL and is unlimited. So no extra data charges. Just the standard internet bill. And the $25 for Netflix and prime.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk