Educate me on hydraulics (top n tilt / remote hydraulics)

ngiovas

Equipment
L3560 LE
Oct 29, 2019
Clarkston, MI
I just wanted to provide an update. I reached out to Kubota tech support and they confirmed with an engineer that it would not be a problem to install 3 float valves on an L3560 cab tractor. - even with the Top N Tilt installed. With it only being a $40 price difference for the float valve, I think that is the way to go.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yeah. I had the valve set for TNT plumbing in-line thru the backhoe...so I could operate my hydraulic thumb. A little leak down...not really an issue.

When I took it in to get the BH rams rebuilt...the dealer suggested getting rid of my set up and adding the factory valves plumbed off the side of the transmission...and the problems started then. That valve has leaked since I added it. The dealer got me another valve (no cost to me) to swap in...have not done that yet but it has been a hassle, messy and seems as though the valve body is not flat...as I have tried everything on that valve plate to stop the leaks.

If you have any ideas to try...I am very open to suggestions...
I'll bet it's not the valve body but the O-rings that seal it are not right.

You won't know till you pull it apart, but that series of valves were not know for leakage issues like the newer valves.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
That is one of the benefits of the Grand and bigger tractors. You have more options on hydraulics. I'm not complaining about my standard L as it does what I need and I could have purchased a 3rd rear and wound up with 2 floating. You will be golden.
I just wanted to provide an update. I reached out to Kubota tech support and they confirmed with an engineer that it would not be a problem to install 3 float valves on an L3560 cab tractor. - even with the Top N Tilt installed. With it only being a $40 price difference for the float valve, I think that is the way to go.

SolbergDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800HST w/LA1065 FEL, Bobcat forks, QH10, RB3784, BB3584, RTA1274
Jul 12, 2018
PHILLIPS, WI
When I got my tractor I told the dealer I can't think why I would need rear remotes, now I have all 3. (I installed) Now I can't imagine not having all 3. I have a top and tilt. The top function is awesome. The main reason I got it is after I got a quick hitch I was still on and off the tractor to adjust the top to pick up implements. OK now the quick hitch really works like it should. Also, the top is great for fine tuning a box blade, or if you are going forward/reverse with the box blade you can quickly change your top for the direction. On my blower I change my top angle depending on if I'm blowing pavement or gravel. You get the idea, very useful. The tilt, this is just me, I pulled it off. I don't use it, makes the back busy, and sucks up a port I can use. If I really need to tilt I will do it manually. Besides it takes 10 mins to swap in the cylinder if I do, it's all pins on the 3 pt.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
I'll bet it's not the valve body but the O-rings that seal it are not right.

You won't know till you pull it apart, but that series of valves were not know for leakage issues like the newer valves.
Pulled it apart...and yep...o rings. The tech at the Kubota shop put TWO o rings on one of the 5 openings...and none on the other. Needless to say, crushed the doubled ones...and then wouldn’t seat properly...

On the second part of the assembly, the guy managed to mangle one o ring...it was leaking too...but not really noticeable compared to the fountain leaking from the other plate.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
I use the Tilt just as much as the Top when hooking up to a rotary cutter or finish mower. Then I float the Tilt when mowing so it follows contours and doesn't scalp the lawn.

When I got my tractor I told the dealer I can't think why I would need rear remotes, now I have all 3. (I installed) Now I can't imagine not having all 3. I have a top and tilt. The top function is awesome. The main reason I got it is after I got a quick hitch I was still on and off the tractor to adjust the top to pick up implements. OK now the quick hitch really works like it should. Also, the top is great for fine tuning a box blade, or if you are going forward/reverse with the box blade you can quickly change your top for the direction. On my blower I change my top angle depending on if I'm blowing pavement or gravel. You get the idea, very useful. The tilt, this is just me, I pulled it off. I don't use it, makes the back busy, and sucks up a port I can use. If I really need to tilt I will do it manually. Besides it takes 10 mins to swap in the cylinder if I do, it's all pins on the 3 pt.

Last edited: