Kubota Orange

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I know i'm a bit late in commenting, but WOW!!!! Thats some impressive attention to detail there. I work in a paper mill in central Pennsylvania and come into contact with these tow motors every day, and I would be the talk of the mill on a machine like that. Well executed!
Thanks B6000Ellenberger. Glad you liked it. It's been a hoot using it this summer for the first time and it can sure lift things with ease.

I got a brother that works in a paper mill in Corner Brook, Newfoundland. He's been there for over 25 years. The paper mills up our way are going through some tough times with complete closures of shut downs.

I did a video of the restoration of the lift if you would like to see it. Thanks again. Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t41VdsrEiQ0

http://www.forkliftaction.com/news/forklifts_news_international/Specialty_Repairs_7183.aspx

bubbaboss

Equipment
1989 Kubota B8200 4x4, Kubota 72" Snow Blower
Jul 26, 2009
Canada
OK ... I Just Can't Help Myself..

Lets Say Some Nut From Northern Ontario Drove his 1989, B8200 4x4 to Newfoundland.

How Much would a Restoration Paint Job Cost that Crazy Person. LOL

There's Probably a Few People that would Love to have you Paint there Kubota's.

Bubba

PS: I never thought a Fork Lift could make me Drool.

Wildfire

Equipment
OK ... I Just Can't Help Myself..

Lets Say Some Nut From Northern Ontario Drove his 1989, B8200 4x4 to Newfoundland.

How Much would a Restoration Paint Job Cost that Crazy Person. LOL

There's Probably a Few People that would Love to have you Paint there Kubota's.

Bubba

PS: I never thought a Fork Lift could make me Drool.
bubbaboss by the time you traveled the tractor to Newfoundland on it's own steam I just might be retired by the time you arrived :D

When it comes to restoring or painting It's always better to find a really ugly machine in poor condition as in the case of this old forklift. When I was doing the machine and folks would question my sanity I would say " It's so ugly that no matter what I do with it, it will be an improvment". :D

I just completed a Hugh repair on a bucket for a 320 Cat and I was sure pleased to own this old lift. The bucket weighs a little over 3000 LBS and the forklift lifted it idling :)

Glad you like my work and the lift. Thanks a bunch! :cool:

Attachments

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
LOL...I love the stacks! BTW..do you ever use that tractor because it looks like it was dropped off by helicopter..not even a spec of dirt in the treads! :D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Thats one helluva pimped out forlift. LOVE the stacks, wish I could hear how it sounds, I bet she rumbles!

Wildfire

Equipment
LOL...I love the stacks! BTW..do you ever use that tractor because it looks like it was dropped off by helicopter..not even a spec of dirt in the treads! :D
Thanks brokersdad. The stacks are actually motorcycle exhaust adapted to the forklift. As for the tractor. Well it's kind of embarrassing having such a clean tractor but the only time it gets used is for snow clearing and I only use it in clean snow :D

Incredible! My thanks to whomever bumped this thread up!
Thank you. Glad you like the lift. Looks like ptwyz who is a new member bumped it up. Welcome ptwyz :cool:

Thats one helluva pimped out forlift. LOVE the stacks, wish I could hear how it sounds, I bet she rumbles!
Thanks Eric. I've restored or rebuilt many things to add to the collection I have here such as Coca Cola items, old gas pumps, motorcycles and many other items so when I decided to get an old forklift all my customers just assumed I was going to customize it.

It wasn't my intention to do so but seeing it was expected of me I figured why not. The funny part of all this is that the forklift gets so much attention it's also embarrassing. We've had tractor trailer drivers snapping photo's of it and last spring when I completed it I would have it parked by our shop with ice burgs in plain view in the background and folks would snap photo's of the lift and not the ice burgs :confused: Oh well. Anyway the lift was only intended as a joke but it's been getting more recondition than any of my other work. I also had intended on adding a GPS and a built in DVD player to the thing but the wife said she would have me sent in for a 30 day mental assessment if I went through with it. :eek: I stopped at that point :D

To make some of the custom items for the lift such as the top sun visor the rear checkered light bar and the rear storage box I had to fabricate the two press brakes that you see on the first page. If anyone is doing any fabrication work there worth the two weekends it took to build them plus you'll have them for a lifetime. Good investment in my mind.

Anyway you wanted to hear the thing so check out the link. When the RPM's go up it do sound more like a tractor truck but I did this short video to show how the rear lights looked. You can also see all the other items I've restored on the other video's as well and don't forget to see "The Tour". That's where I pile all the junk when It's restored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6v2OGFrtuM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LR2iyNh_1Y

Last edited:

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
That's got to be one of the nicest weld beads EVER!!!!

You truly have skills man!