Skid Steer Attachment Plate

Durangogeek

Equipment
L2800HST, MacBook Pro 13, Cessna 182
Mar 16, 2010
Durango, CO
Hi all:

I screwed up big time two years ago when I bought my L2800. I bought the L463 loader without the skid steer attachment plate. I never thought I'd use it, and it cost more money.

Now I want the skid steer attachment plate. I want bale forks, and pallet forks and different buckets and aux. hydraulics to drive an auger, and... and...

So... Where do I get a plate? Do I buy a new bucket or convert my old one. I should mention that bird poop looks better than my attempts at welding, so minimal welding that I have to job out is best.

What's the best way to approach this?

TIA

Rob

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Look for one on E-bay or surf around on the net. Try a search on Google and see what you come up with. I'm sure you'll find an after market one easily. Its simple to install, it mounts right on your loader arms and hyd's arms.

Milo Holroyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 L245DT w/1700 FEL, 2003 L3130 HST,w/ LA723 loader,,and L2174A snowblower
Well......if ya can't build yer own...........then all ya can do is find the least expensive, yet, well built quick attach plate that fits your loader.
I'd start with your local dealer, then Google.

Milo

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
You could awlays make friends with a welder and trade flying time in that 182 for some fabrication.

Just a thought.

Scott

digg71

Equipment
B3200 w/ FEL, Box Scraper, Post Hole Auger, 4' Rotary Cutter, Snowblower
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
There is a video kicking around on youtube where a guy fabbed his own on a Kubota. What an amazing job he did. Way out of my league with the fab job he did. When I get home from work later I will see if I can find the video.

Good luck Durangogeek on whatever you decide to do.

Jim

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Durangogeek I like traildust reply seems like a win win situation. Let me know if you decide on the welding process and if stick or what I like stick. If you decide to build yourself I may be able to advise you some on the welding as well as several others on this forum its several current or x welders that will be glade to give you advice. Man if you start it send me a pm with your number I will call you.Cant beat that. Good luck handy

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
:eek:I just noticed your cessna no I wouldnt trade you that way. I thought I might get a ride on one of traildust big ones:cool: (JOKE). Had to reply again so you wouldnt get wrong idea but I will be glad to call you and talk you thru some thinks if it would help. Besides that I think everyone needs to develope as many skills as possible in this world. handy

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Durango, One thing you have to keep in mind is that there are several different types of Quick attach plates. Unless your bucket is set up for a QA plate it will have to be modified to fit what ever plate you get. Plus whatever attachments you buy for the loader will have to fit that plate. Good luck and keep us posted. And welcome to the forum.:D Dusty

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hi Durango, One thing you have to keep in mind is that there are several different types of Quick attach plates. Unless your bucket is set up for a QA plate it will have to be modified to fit what ever plate you get. Plus whatever attachments you buy for the loader will have to fit that plate. Good luck and keep us posted. And welcome to the forum.:D Dusty
Hey Dusty,
I don't remember for sure but didn't Paul (Wildfire) make his own attachments for quick change?
He posted pic's about it. I'm gonna scrounge through his files and fine it.

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Sounds like something wildfire would do. Check it out.:D Dusty
Dusty,
I searched around and it took me a long time. I got to drooling over all of Paul's projects and craftsmanship again. That guy is an artist for sure.

He should be back soon but I guess he's busy making money. Like he said, if he's not posting he's working.

Snow Plow Adapter

Bucket mod with top extension

FEL end cap mod for storage

Now this video of a BX mod is not Paul. I think it might even be the one Jim / digg71 had mentioned in his post.

Scott

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Kubota needs to catch up with the times and follow Caterpillar's idea on quick change buckets. I used to run a big Cat wheel loader loading dumptruck's and the Cat had a push button system on the loader joystick, I could release one bucket and hook to another in a matter of seconds and never have to leave the seat. MAN that system was sweet.

digg71

Equipment
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
traildust, that video of the "BX Mod" is the one I was thinking of. Thanks for finding link.

But..............after seeing Wildfires plow...:D I am still drooling over the pics, the craftsmanship is top notch. I would love that set up on my B3200.

I am in the same boat, unfortunately I do not have a quick attach on my FEL..:(

Maybe one day with the help of some friends, I would love to do something like wildfire did. I know I am dreaming, but, a man can dream can't he?

Jim

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
traildust, that video of the "BX Mod" is the one I was thinking of. Thanks for finding link.

But..............after seeing Wildfires plow...:D I am still drooling over the pics, the craftsmanship is top notch. I would love that set up on my B3200.

I am in the same boat, unfortunately I do not have a quick attach on my FEL..:(

Maybe one day with the help of some friends, I would love to do something like wildfire did. I know I am dreaming, but, a man can dream can't he?

Jim
Yes a man can dream and that's how you ended up with your Kubota :D

Wildfire will come back, he always does. On his return were gonna have to ask him about his quick change.

Scott

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Wildfire is a very good man and has knowledge and able to do anything. I really enjoy looking at his pics. That is one very talented man:). I drool when I see all of his equipment he has worked hard and long to accomplish all he has. Just glad he and others are not stingy with their knowledge.handy

Durangogeek

Equipment
L2800HST, MacBook Pro 13, Cessna 182
Mar 16, 2010
Durango, CO
That is the crux of the problem. My local dealer wants $1k for the loader part, a plate for my bucket, and welding the plate to my bucket. It seems a bit high to me. Of course, I'm sure that includes all sorts of orange paint and other intangibles, but in general their service dept seems a bit high priced to me.

digg71

Equipment
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
Durangogeek, I was looking on Kubota's site yesterday and for shits and giggles I found my tractor, went to the "build your own B3200" section. I kept the options the same as I bought my tractor except I added the quick detach bucket option and it only added like $290 to the cost. I am going to call my dealer sometime here and see what they have to say. I am sure it will be alot more, probably $1000 like you were quoated.

Jim

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Durangogeek, I was looking on Kubota's site yesterday and for shits and giggles I found my tractor, went to the "build your own B3200" section. I kept the options the same as I bought my tractor except I added the quick detach bucket option and it only added like $290 to the cost. I am going to call my dealer sometime here and see what they have to say. I am sure it will be alot more, probably $1000 like you were quoated.

Jim

Only $290 :eek:

Real funny how everything changes when you drive the tractor off the lot :mad:

Scott