Cut dynamo wires

steve

Equipment
B7100HST, B5001DT/B5100DT, JD-111H, Chevy K2500 DuraMax, CJ-5, CJ-7, TJ jeeps
Feb 17, 2009
Henniker. NH, USA
I have a 1983 B7100HST that the previous owner tried to rebuild. When I got it it didn't run. Now with the help of OTT and the good folks on it it is up and running with one exception, the dynamo. In the process of removing the head he cut the two wires that lead from the dynamo to the voltage regulator. He did label them but then washed the tractor and the ink ran so no help. How do I tell which wire is which? Or does it matter?
Steve :confused:

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I have a 1983 B7100HST that the previous owner tried to rebuild. When I got it it didn't run. Now with the help of OTT and the good folks on it it is up and running with one exception, the dynamo. In the process of removing the head he cut the two wires that lead from the dynamo to the voltage regulator. He did label them but then washed the tractor and the ink ran so no help. How do I tell which wire is which? Or does it matter?
Steve :confused:
If it only has two wires it makes no difference.

jstrauch

Equipment
B7100HST-D
Sep 11, 2012
Sugar Land, Texas
Hi guys,

I am new to OTT and recently bought a B7100HST. The tractor needs some TLC for sure, so I will be looking for spare parts and advice in the future. I am confused about whether or not my tractor has a dynamo. Could someone upload a picture of a dynamo or maybe direct me to another thread with a picture?

Thanks!

Jeremy

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I was just looking at my shop manual this evening because I need to replace the alternator on my B6100E. The manual says that the alternator on models B5100-B7100 no matter transmission type is located right behind the fan blades. The fan bolts to the alternator presto there it is.