Help needed B6100D Transmission Yoke????

sandskar1

Equipment
B6100D +FEL B7100D+frontmower
Dec 7, 2011
Luleå,Sweden
Hi I'm confused!! The parts manual states that part No 66591-56410 is the front yoke (i.e. joint 1 in the parts manual) on the transmission shaft from the gearbox to the front axel. However it seems impossible to buy it anywhere. Vendors list it as unavailable or replaced with part No for u-joints!!! Does anybody know where I can find one and/or what the correct replacement part No is.
I live in the north of Sweden and I seriously doubt that there is another B6100within a 1000km, so a local scrap yard is not an option. I need to buy the joint/yoke on the internet and really like to order the correct part.

BR lasse

sandskar1

Equipment
Dec 7, 2011
Luleå,Sweden
Hi just an update. The only source for the yoke that I been able to find is Yenibiz in Belgium. In the end I ordered the complete joint from them i.e. both yokes and the U-joint. There was no way I could separate the broken yoke from the joint without destroing the U-joint so a complete joint assy was the best deal. My only concern is that on the Yenibiz website the B6100D is not listed among the tractors that this sparepart is intended for. (Among listed models are B6000, B7100 and lots more so I guess it will work)
The joint was quite pricy over 250 Euros incl. shipping and VAT. So I really hope it fits. Anyway I have ordered and paid for the the joint so I just have to wait.
It would be very nice to find out if this joint is used on any japanese car from the 80:s. In that case it would be easy to get spares for virtually nothing from the nearest autowrecker. Has anybody used auto parts on your tractor?

merry X-mas/saturnial/midwinter blot/chanuka or whatever you prefer.

steve

Equipment
B7100HST, B5001DT/B5100DT, JD-111H, Chevy K2500 DuraMax, CJ-5, CJ-7, TJ jeeps
Feb 17, 2009
Henniker. NH, USA
It looks like it has a new part number 66591-56310 that lists for about $52.00 US. plus shipping.

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
Hi just an update. The only source for the yoke that I been able to find is Yenibiz in Belgium. In the end I ordered the complete joint from them i.e. both yokes and the U-joint. There was no way I could separate the broken yoke from the joint without destroing the U-joint so a complete joint assy was the best deal. My only concern is that on the Yenibiz website the B6100D is not listed among the tractors that this sparepart is intended for. (Among listed models are B6000, B7100 and lots more so I guess it will work)
The joint was quite pricy over 250 Euros incl. shipping and VAT. So I really hope it fits. Anyway I have ordered and paid for the the joint so I just have to wait.
It would be very nice to find out if this joint is used on any japanese car from the 80:s. In that case it would be easy to get spares for virtually nothing from the nearest autowrecker. Has anybody used auto parts on your tractor?

merry X-mas/saturnial/midwinter blot/chanuka or whatever you prefer.
I can't get over how much Yenibz charge for delivery,I got together a list of parts I wanted,rings gaskets etc and the delivery nearly doubled the cost so I didn't order.

Out of interest,do you have some close up pics of the joint in question?
dave

sandskar1

Equipment
Dec 7, 2011
Luleå,Sweden
Hi B7100 et.al.
I was lazy in my last post and just added links to the pictures at Yenibiz. Well what the heck it is X-mas so i might as well be nice and add the pics. So I've attched them to this post (if I've done things correctly) And yes Yenibiz charge way to much for shipping and packin, in my case close to 50 euro (VAT on shipping included´) for a 1,1 kg item. Its not that far from Belgium to northern Sweden. (less than 2000km)
merry midwinter

Attachments

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
thanks for those pics which i take it are the new ones?
what I really wanted to see was the old ones so I could see why they would not come to bits without destroying them.

sandskar1

Equipment
Dec 7, 2011
Luleå,Sweden
Yep the new ones! The reason I cant take it apart is that somebody way before me has run the FWD drive with the joint loose in the boot. Deforing the material over the "securing rings" (whats the proper word for thoose spring rings?) for the U-joint. I can always save the sliding yoke by cutting the U-joint into pieces and then force the pieces "inwards" and then fix the deformed part. No way of doing it without destroying the U-joint. I'll try to get a pic of it.
cheers

sandskar1

Equipment
Dec 7, 2011
Luleå,Sweden
Hi me again. Here is the picture. I must get I life instead of doing this;) It was interesting to try the macro function on my camera. The original pics came out quite nice. Not as nice now when I reduced the image size with a factor ~500. It is still possible to see the damage on the yoke. What suprices me is that the U-joint is still in perfect condition but it is not worth the trouble to get it out in one piece.
Internet is fantastic a total stranger is intrested to see a picture of a piece of wrecked farm eqp. Or in my case logging eqp. I will use the tractor to transport ~40 pine logs to build a new "log cabin" sauna on my island in the gulf of Botnia. I will use a Skidoo for any "longdistance" transport but the B6100 will be nice for shorter moves.

merry X-mas

Attachments

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
hi all,
I am having a similar problem to this also on my recently purchased B7100.
I noticed a lot of sideways movement in the drive shaft to the front axle when i was replacing the rubber boot and bush on the shaft tube cover.
after closer inspection from undrneath with a good torch , it appears to be that the previous owners had run the tractor etc with the dowlpin loose in the yoke closest to the gearbox, cuasing the yoke to moveabout on the shaft.
At this point i was unsure of the total damage caused to both parts etc, i called my local dealer (expecting a problem with parts) only for them to say they had the both yokes and the UJ in stock and at a good price.
so obtained all bits just in case, the original parts were still way cheaper than yenbitz , and the dealer is only 8 miles away from me.

the guys their say all parts for the B7100's are readily available from dealers or main warehouse.
I got all the decals/labels from stock and all the other bits i needed, i was very surprised.

Only problem now is that i am going to have to split the front from back to do the repair.

rob

sandskar1

Equipment
Dec 7, 2011
Luleå,Sweden
Hi Rob (and all others in UK)!
I'm planning a "long weekend" vacation with my SO to UK this spring. Could be an idea to do some "tourist shopping" at a good Kubota dealer ;-). Not Surrey though. London and Dorset (close to Axminster) on the itenary. Any suggestions for a Kubota dealer with lots of Kubota goodies?? (OK I know that my SO will hate it her plans are totally different for our trip)
lasse