L245 DT Steering Repair

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
I didn't meant the motor ran stronger, but it cranked stronger. I'm going to drop the filter like Wolfman said and see if that makes any difference. There's a bolt on top of the filter that I used to bleed the filter, but maybe that's not enough.

Is it possible that I burned the starter trying to start it over and over?

Thanks again, guys.

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
Is it possible to post videos on here. If so, how? I thought if anybody heard the engine trying to turn over, that might help determine what's going on.

Thanks,

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You ask, "Is it possible that I burned the starter trying to start it over and over?" Yes, it is possible.

You should try starting your engine in spurts. Do a couple of burst opf 10-15 seconds each then wait for 20 seconds or more for the starter to cool some. Constant grinding without starting will overheat the starter, and cause your battery to give up!

Nebulous

Feb 19, 2016
Paso Robles CA
John, just a little Kubota trivia for you. I read on a post that any threaded plugs are British Standard PipE Thread or BSPT. Search for the thread as it is worthwhile knowledge.
Reminds me that back in the day my 1959 Austin Healey has Whitworth head bolts, it was fun finding a Whitworth socket so that I could torque the head back on.
Good Luck
Jim
PS I will mail you a spare key if you send me an envelope per our pm