Feels like clutch is slipping in gears 5 -8

Billstown

Equipment
M-110
Nov 25, 2017
Delight, Arkansas,
I've got a L3600 GST 1,930hrs. Gears 1 -4 are as stout as ever but gears 5-8 fills like the clutch is slipping. It will move in the high gears but only on flat ground. Feels like the clutch, but I would think it would slip some in 4th gear if the clutch was gone. 5 gear has made a slight noise in the past but just for a second when getting the tractor moving. I have not noticed any noise or problems in gears 6-8. Maintenance is up to date. Anyone have any ideals?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I've got a L3600 GST 1,930hrs. Gears 1 -4 are as stout as ever but gears 5-8 fills like the clutch is slipping. It will move in the high gears but only on flat ground. Feels like the clutch, but I would think it would slip some in 4th gear if the clutch was gone. 5 gear has made a slight noise in the past but just for a second when getting the tractor moving. I have not noticed any noise or problems in gears 6-8. Maintenance is up to date. Anyone have any ideals?
Set the clutch linkage per the WSM, and if no improvement, Yep you need to split it and put a new clutch and pressure plate in it. ;)