Guns and toolboxes

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Like I said I will probably order a few of those magnets the next time I order from Amazon. In the meantime I found a couple of pieces of stretch fabric with Velcro, from some long forgotten athletic activity, and modified them to secure the holster to the seat arm. I just leave the holster there and it works great. Thanks for all the ideas.
Will post pics when I get them, keep forgetting to take.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I found a really good option, actually already had it, an elastic sleeve bullet holder that I have on my 270. Took it and tried it and it works, I think I got it at Cabela's, now just have to find a 22 version.

Attachments

spacemanspiff

Equipment
M5-111
Dec 4, 2015
Lower ,AL
I keep it on my belt. That way when I get down I don't have a loaded firearm in my hand while I am stumbling out of the cab. And its always with me.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I don't have a cab. I shoot while still in the seat. I always have a Ruger LCP in my pocket if I need to shoot when I am not on the tractor.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Wife just walked in to give me a hug while I was reading this post/thread. I showed her the pictures of the guns on the kubotas and she said, "You need to make me one for my Bad Boy mower." Gotta love that woman.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Had the same discussion with the wife on wanting to mount a holster on my B3200. Her response, why don't you just wear it. Sig P229 on the belt. I found that my daily conceal holster that fits in the small of my back is not a good choice on the tractor. Tears me up. I will be looking in to making something to hold my 223 for coyotes. Just have to work on how to handle the scope and hope it doesn't get shaken out of alignment.

With the holders mounted to the frame and in dryer conditions, how much dust do you get accumulating in the bolt / slide area? At least with my pistol on me, my shirt covers the butt of the gun keeping it clean.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I guess it would depend on your ROPS placement and your flexibility but I would think an ankle holster would neatly fit the ROPS and easy on / off.
(As long as it had a solid retention strap)
I will try mine tomorrow.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
This is my M7060 mounts. Although I like the magnet idea but not sure of retention ability in rough fields....
Is the rifle a Remington Nylon 66? Have one I bought over 30 years ago for coon hunting.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Had the same discussion with the wife on wanting to mount a holster on my B3200. Her response, why don't you just wear it. Sig P229 on the belt. I found that my daily conceal holster that fits in the small of my back is not a good choice on the tractor. Tears me up. I will be looking in to making something to hold my 223 for coyotes. Just have to work on how to handle the scope and hope it doesn't get shaken out of alignment.

With the holders mounted to the frame and in dryer conditions, how much dust do you get accumulating in the bolt / slide area? At least with my pistol on me, my shirt covers the butt of the gun keeping it clean.
If you got a quality mount, it should not be a problem keeping it sighted in. I fell out a tree climbing stand with my rifle from about 25 feet up and it never lost zero.

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
Im a truck driver by trade, Been carrying for 30 years. The best way I found was a cross body driving holster. I NEVER leave my gun ANYWHERE. This type holster can be concealed with a light shirt or jacket. Lots of makers of this type so a search will net you lots of choices.

Attachments

Last edited:

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
I carry concealed whenever I leave the house and am an avid Hunter. When I'm on my tractor I'm way too busy to worry about having a firearm mounted in my cab for varmints or whatever, or to grab a gun before I climb into the cab. I really couldn't see leaving a dedicated gun in my tractor cab either. I set aside time for hunting that is just for hunting. I guess if I was logging and had to worry about grizzlies maybe yes. But hey whatever floats your boat.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Is the rifle a Remington Nylon 66? Have one I bought over 30 years ago for coon hunting.
Saw your question about Remington Nylon 66. When they sold they had a lifetime warranty on the stock. The rifle was very popular. At some point Remington let the patent expire on the nylon product.

Years later another company uses the same chemistry to build weed eater line! And it's good stuff!!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Im a truck driver by trade, Been carrying for 30 years. The best way I found was a cross body driving holster. I NEVER leave my gun ANYWHERE. This type holster can be concealed with a light shirt or jacket. Lots of makers of this type so a search will net you lots of choices.
Bill Jordan (author and Border Patrol Supervisor/Agent) points out that a cross-draw holster is excellent.... for your opponent. It presents the pistol perfectly for him to draw it on you.

I use a drop leg tactical holster or my Keltec in a Galco pocket holster. Tractor gets too dusty and dirty and I smack and break enough stuff accidentally...
The best way to carry a Keltec is to throw it on the floor. Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll bounce away and get plowed under or shredded. :D

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
To each his own I guess,,,, but I would rather carry a Hi-Point than a kel tec,, just MHO

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
Bill Jordan (author and Border Patrol Supervisor/Agent) points out that a cross-draw holster is excellent.... for your opponent. It presents the pistol perfectly for him to draw it on you.

I don't really claim to be any kind of expert but, when I'm sitting at the wheel of a vehicle, I don't see how someone is going to get in front of me to take my weapon. It has been my experience of 35+ years of carrying a weapon and professional driving that cross draw is, for me, the most comfortable way to carry a weapon on me while driving. When I'm not at the wheel, I have other ways of carrying that I prefer.
Bill Jordan was an expert in the field, in his day and for his purpose.

Last edited: