photo test

m.t.hands

Equipment
L 5030, L 3400 and BX2200
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
deal of the century????

while I was checking FB market place I ran across an add for an 1850 w/FEL for 2000, thinking scam I called the people out on it

how many hours are on this tractor and is the shown picture a fair representation if so your price seems, well too good to be true, if you don't know what this tractor is worth i'd advise you look a similar unit up on (tractorhouse.com) i hate to see anybody get taken, but hate scams too
and this is the response I receive (BTW, I am aware there was not a 1850 in 2011)

Hi, my name is Irene Ward and I'm emailing you about the 2011 Kubota BX18500 priced at $2,000.
The tractor is in very good condition inside-out. It was never involved in accidents, clean and clear title. Has 941 hours on it, 18.5 hp diesel 4 wheel drive, differential lock, 54 inch mower deck, 4 ft bucket, and weight box. Excellent condition , everything works as it should. Serviced as required Well cared for.
This tractor belonged to my husband who unfortunately can't enjoy it anymore as he died, this is the only reason for selling.
Let me know if you are interested in buying it and I'll send you more details. Thank you

Last edited:

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Re: deal of the century????

while I was checking FB market place I ran across an add for an 1850 w/FEL for 2000, thinking scam I called the people out on it

and this is the response I receive (BTW, I am aware there was not a 1850 in 2011)

https://photos.shutterfly.com/full/74743720438

I am not sure why you have to use shutterfly to post photos but one has to log in to see them and I do not have a login. Try uploading photos directly to this website next time.

That ad seems like it is worded like a scam to me too. One thing I would not be fixated on is her use of the wrong model year. It is possible that someone could have bought a left-over 2009 BX1850 in 2011 and if I remember correctly, I once read that the model year for a tractor is the year that it was first sold new, not necessarily the year of manufacture. I may be wrong about that but if I am someone will correct me.

The thing that makes me suspicious is that all the implements included are worth more than $2000 even if they are well worn. Sometimes I like to play with scammers and have a little fun with them. This is one that I would definitely have played with.

m.t.hands

Equipment
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
Re: deal of the century????

I am not sure why you have to use shutterfly to post photos but one has to log in to see them and I do not have a login. Try uploading photos directly to this website next time.
when I go to the Photo (insert image) tab I get a message to enter;

please enter the URL of your image ?????

otherwise I would open/copy/paste just like several other sites I frequent :confused:

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
You can go below your post and select manage attachments

Also, if the deal is to good to be true, it probably isn't true

m.t.hands

Equipment
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
a few more

AJ.jpg

18505.jpg

18504.jpg

ha ha ha, the picture of one of Great Pyrenees is free ha ha ha, like I mentioned still learning the quirks of picture posting here (for me anyway:eek::eek::D)

Last edited:

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I would take the dog. Beautiful dog.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
This part right here tells me it's a scam. Writer has no clue how to actually describe a tractor. "The tractor is in very good condition inside-out. It was never involved in accidents, clean and clear title."

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Absolute scam.
If you want, tell them you are interested. They will tell you it is already crated and at the shippers. If you can determine where it is supposed to be, mention 'what a coincidence, I'll be there next week with my flatbed and can save on shipping.' Then you will find she moved due to her job as a CIA operative and it is now in Alaska. To which to tell her that your brother in law is there (USAF Missile Command, Col) and can swing by with a Chinook and airlift it for you for free.:cool:
I bet if you copy and paste the ad text into Google, you will get a few other ads at different locations.:D
I played thing game when I got my BX. First I looked for used ones, I found three all for sale at 25% of the true market value. Turned out, in reality used were close to the price of new.:p

m.t.hands

Equipment
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
I would take the dog. Beautiful dog.
thank you, sadly he left us about 2 months ago, best LSG we have had, he was almost 11

thing about it is they are only about 1 hour away so I can go check it out, still waiting for a return e-mail, BTW I did let them know their price was extremely low, waiting on a response :rolleyes:

Last edited:

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
thank you, sadly he left us about 2 months ago, best LSG we have had, he was almost 11

thing about it is they are only about 1 hour away so I can go check it out, still waiting for a return e-mail, BTW I did let them know their price was extremely low, waiting on a response :rolleyes:
When I saw a unit for sale near me and I told the seller I could swing by, suddenly it was now 1,000 miles away.....

m.t.hands

Equipment
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
Absolute scam.
If you want, tell them you are interested. They will tell you it is already crated and at the shippers. If you can determine where it is supposed to be, mention 'what a coincidence, I'll be there next week with my flatbed and can save on shipping.' Then you will find she moved due to her job as a CIA operative and it is now in Alaska. To which to tell her that your brother in law is there (USAF Missile Command, Col) and can swing by with a Chinook and airlift it for you for free.:cool:
I bet if you copy and paste the ad text into Google, you will get a few other ads at different locations.:D
I played thing game when I got my BX. First I looked for used ones, I found three all for sale at 25% of the true market value. Turned out, in reality used were close to the price of new.:p
:D have dealt with the ones in a warehouse and have used the same line about being in town and able to look at it, but about the BIL :p:p:p

BTW, the add has been removed from FB, and I had it in a saved file (FB file:() and it gone, surprise, surprise

m.t.hands

Equipment
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
well I finally heard back :mad:

kinda what I expected but it was listed locally

Hello again
The tractor brings me sad memories so that’s the reason I want to sell it asap. After my husband died 6 months ago (he had a heart attack), my daughter and I decided to move with my parents in Billings, Montana and the tractor is here with me. I want to use eBay's Service for the safety of both of us so if you’re interested in purchasing the tractor just email me with your full name, P.o. Box or address including the zip code and phone number, so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
Except the tractor price there is no shipping fee or hidden fees since you are dealing directly with eBay that is why the tractor is more than affordable.
eBay will handle the shipping, the payment and the paper exchange. According to eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the tractor to inspect it, test it, verify that everything is in order and decide if you want to keep it or not. I will forward your details to eBay and they will contact you with all the info on how to purchase it!
thank you.
I hope to hear from you soonest.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
SCAM.......... SCAM They got your email address and any other info you send is gravy to them. Hope you have the computer's anti-virus etc up to date just to be safe.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
And probably what they say is Ebay is actually another mock setup making you think it is Ebay and all is safe! They want you to think there is no way you can be taken advantage of, because they're turning it all over to Ebay. Yep, their Ebay!!

They're slicker than a lizzard!

m.t.hands

Equipment
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
So.... it just so happens you will be in Billings at a FBI conference (you run the D.C. fraud division) and will be happy to bring cash......:p
told her (or whoever) my brother is currently assigned to the area, and he will be by to look at it asap, unfortunately ebay does not work that way anymore per her last correspondence :rolleyes:

Great, my Brother works and lives in Billings, please forward me your complete name and zip code, along with your phone number and I will have him contact you today to arrange pickup

thanks and have a great day
Irene S. Ward <irenesward@comcast.net>
To:
keith smith

Sep 19 at 3:36 PM

I understand but eBay is in charge of this process and they are handling everything online not in person.Let me know if you are interested in buying it in this way.
so I had to decline:rolleyes:

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Let me play devils advocate.
Once you list something on Ebay they do not want you do go outside the service.
They loose their commission (10%) and that is something they fight for.
Assuming this was legit, tell the buyer to take it off Ebay and then you can do whatever you want. She is allowed to end it at any time. They will ask for a reason and she can just say it sold privately.
This will prove either way if it is a scam or not.
But it seems too good to be true....so maybe it is.
Or maybe she just wants memories of her husband gone so she can move on with the gardener. :)

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I always ask for the hours, then later a pic of the hour meter. If they even know what that is (most scammers don't) They can never come up with that stuff, or the pic doesn't match the numbers they claimed originally. Even more fun to play dumb and ask for the miles/odometer pic :D They are so eager to close, they will produce something. Also seen obviously fake titles.