Rear snowblower on B7500

Flukeman

Equipment
B7500, Finish Mower, Brush Hog, Back Blade, York Rake, Push Blade
Nov 7, 2018
Erieville, NY
Can anyone tell me what the best width to get for the B7500?

Thanks,
Jeff

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Measure the outside width of your rear tires. That dimension is the best guide for a blower width on a low power tractor.

Tractordata.com says the width is 43"

If you have a hydrostatic drive, then you can go a bit wider.

48" is likely a good sized blower if you get much snow. Too wide a blower and you will be creeping along.

Dave

Flukeman

Equipment
B7500, Finish Mower, Brush Hog, Back Blade, York Rake, Push Blade
Nov 7, 2018
Erieville, NY
Thanks Dave,

I measured from outside edge to outside edge of rear tires and got 48 inches. It is an HST. Iverson seen blowers from 48 to 54 inches that I thought would work, just wanted to be sure of people's most common set up's before making a big purchase

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
One issue to consider when making a blower purchase involves the angle the pto shaft joints will be running at when blowing snow.

A pto joint running at a 25 degree angle has a design life expectancy of 20 hours while one running at 5 degrees has a life of 450+ hours.

A lot of this calculation involves the diameter of the blower's fan. If the fan is listed as being 18" in diameter then its middle where the pto shaft engages will be 1/2 the fan diameter or 9" above the ground.

You can easily measure how high your pto shaft is above the ground. Keeping these two numbers as close as possible will ensure your pto joint angles will be as low as possible.

Also important in blower width is transporting your tractor with the blower on. 48" is the width of a sheet of plywood so a common minimum width of trucks and trailers.

Dave

Attachments

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
I have a 54" Meteor blower for my B7500. It seems to be the appropriate size for the B7500 but you do have to slow down a bit in heavy wet snow.