B2320 - how to take off dash plastic cowling?

HCamp

Sep 18, 2019
Culpeper, VA, USA
Yesterday I mowed with the B2320 for several hours, turned off the engine for an hour or so, and when I returned to start the tractor up again nothing, no clicks or any other sound or lights on the dash when I turn the key, and no headlights/turn signals when I try the light switch. Battery is fine - I can crank the engine by shorting the starter solenoid terminals, and cranking speed sounds normal, but it won't start, I assume probably because of a stop solenoid on the fuel pump. All the fuses in the fuse box by the starter are good.

Next I was going to check the key switch which is mounted on the big plastic cowling. I have a puller for the steering wheel, but I only see one attaching screw on the center top of the cowling and don't see how it comes off. Would appreciate info from anyone who's done this!

Thanks much,
Howard

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Check that the PTO lever is in neutral, the forward/reverse pedal is in the neutral position and lastly check the seat safety switch. Most problems with not starting are because of one of the three safety switches.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Not sure on the B model but on the M models, there are two bolts, one on each side at the bottom of the cowling. Once removed, the cowling should slide straight back.