Guin, AL
Amen brother! Times 2.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
A day I will never forget. Probably the worst sick feeling I've ever felt in my gut and the sense of disbelief, so many lives taken and so many lives ruined needlessly.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Morning brother happy to see you didnt get blown off the island,, interesting to see what other wackadoodle is up at this time,,,lol

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Morning brother happy to see you didnt get blown off the island,, interesting to see what other wackadoodle is up at this time,,,lol
Mornin my friend, it was just a reminder of how spoiled we are. :D

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Tonight while saying our blessing before dinner, my son adds at the end a prayer for all those that lost their life on that day. And as usual we always talk about our days as a family while eating dinner. So we ask our son what happened on this day. He told us the story about the planes crashing into the towers. And then how all the brave fire fighters and police men were there to keep every body safe. So then we ask how he knows all this. He said the fire fighters and policemen were at his school today and told them about it.

I remember this day like yesterday, but to hear the story and prayer from my 5 year old choked me up tonight.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I get choked up remembering all the Canadian families that pitched in to feed and take care of the folks on airliners that had to land somewhere when US airspace was shut down. Good neighbors.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Do you remember where you were and what you were doing? My partner and I were doing an inspection on a strip. And the dozer operator was not pushing or doing anything just sitting in his cab. We walked over wondering why he stopped , a sure sign something is wrong with the machine, He said hey guys listen to this, he had Howard Stern on and we listened about the first plane hitting the twin towers,, and then the second. No other radio station had anything about it for at least an hour afterwards. We picked up our toys and headed back to the office, and when we walked in the Boss asked why we were back so soon? And we told him what we heard, bullshit he said someone would have called us. But he opened his desk top to what ever news feed he had. He called the 2 secretaries in and told them to call everyone back ,,now!
I still cannot watch people falling jumping from the windows to their death

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I get choked up remembering all the Canadian families that pitched in to feed and take care of the folks on airliners that had to land somewhere when US airspace was shut down. Good neighbors.
It works both ways Sheepfarmer my friend. Good neighbours and good friends that have had each others backs for many years.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I was doing a mobile run at the post office and I had just finished my last stop before going to pick up my partner. When I stepped back in the little right hand drive toaster the music stopped and the news came on saying that a plane had hit one of the towers. A very horrible day for many and those of us that lived through it will never forget. I'm with you skeets, I just couldn't bring myself to watch it again yesterday.