Grapple hoses

fng120

Equipment
B2650 Cab, FEL, grapple, MMM, 60" box blade, pallet forks, 58" LandPride tiller
Jul 7, 2014
NW IN
I need to know how to keep my hoses from getting pinched. Is there some type of sleeve or armor you can put over them. They are getting beat up when they are pinched by the loader hydraulic ram. Please let me know if you have a fix. Thanks

Attachments

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
From what I see in the picture,. I'd install 90' elbows just after the quick disconnects on the grapple side. It should keep them further from harm's way.

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
I had the same problem the first time I used mine. But I have the single ram in the middle. The hoses were wrapped in a heavy duty plastic coil that saved them (temporary) from destruction. The required routing left a fairly hard bend near the ram. When tilting from full downwards to full upwards the hoses would work their way into the ram. Tie wrapping the hoses out of the way would not allow for the needed movement. I was able to insert a steel rod about 8” long into the bundle and tightened it up with electrical tape. That allowed the needed movement of the hydraulic hoses, but lessened the bend enough to keep it from pinching. Not sure if that would work for you, but something to think about......

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
From what I see in the picture,. I'd install 90' elbows just after the quick disconnects on the grapple side. It should keep them further from harm's way.
Exactly. I modified mine with a different bracket.....

Attachments

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I have the same issue on my 2650, going to try the 90***8217;s on the ends as I didn***8217;t see s good way to keep them from being pinched.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
You _might_ have an easy, zero buck solution....
Can you simply remount the quickconnects onto the bracket closest to the right side of the frame? Currently the hoses go through it,so I'm thinking it's the same bracket as the 'center' one.

Jay

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Flip, Kenny advertises here for the purpose of generating business. He's not limited to any one location. It's his business to do as he chooses.

Your comment is way out of line!!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Not enough business on TBYN?
I agree with D2Cat, Sidecarflip you're comment is rude and out of line.
Please don't respond back on here.

We here at OTT appreciate Kenny (aka Bolt on Hooks, http://www.boltonhooks.com/) being on here and helping our members out when he can!
If we push away quality members like this where would we be?

Mod Note: I would have just deleted Sidecarflips comment, but others had quoted on it before i seen it.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
One way to think about it is some pay for advertising with "Barter" .... advertising in trade for being a VERY positive, fruitfull, helpful member of longstanding. Often even before they grew a small biz out of their tractor knowledge.

Others pay for advertising in some dollar and cents form. Thus yes.. everyone does pay in one form or another for advertising privilege.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
I agree with D2Cat, Sidecarflip you're comment is rude and out of line.
Please don't respond back on here.

We here at OTT appreciate Kenny (aka Bolt on Hooks, http://www.boltonhooks.com/) being on here and helping our members out when he can!
If we push away quality members like this where would we be?

Mod Note: I would have just deleted Sidecarflips comment, but others had quoted on it before i seen it.
One way to think about it is some pay for advertising with "Barter" .... advertising in trade for being a VERY positive, fruitfull, helpful member of longstanding. Often even before they grew a small biz out of their tractor knowledge.

Others pay for advertising in some dollar and cents form. Thus yes.. everyone does pay in one form or another for advertising privilege.
Thanks Gents, I appreciate the support.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Keep posting Kenny, you have helped a lot of people with your knowledge of hydraulics and available products that many people may not be aware of otherwise.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I'd use 1/4" hoses, a bit longer and with some fittings so they lay better.

We also have the Hose Tamer on our website that is just like what was mentioned above that's used on truck. We also have the DuraWrap sleeving to help protect them.

http://www.boltonhooks.com/hydraulics.html
Thanks for the response, need to look at the tractor this weekend and see if this is the answer to my issue as well. BTW, I need to order a few parts from you, love the expanded product set.

RTMach1

Equipment
B2650 ROPS,LA534 Loader, 60" MMM, B2019 front hyd blade, LandPride BB1254 box
Dec 4, 2012
Holly, MI
I have the exact same set up, I just removed the 2 90 degree fittings where the hoses attach to the grapple and connected the hoses straight to the grapple fittings. That corrected the pinch and rub issues for me.