Need Help L3560 shutting down.

morganhill2019

Equipment
L3560
Sep 1, 2019
Morgan Hill
Can anyone give me some advice. I have a brand new L3560 with the cab which I love. Or at least I did for the first 15 hours running it. Just came back from two weeks away and went to start it up. Starts up fine runs for 30s then quickly shuts down. No alarms or warnings. My super helpful dealer said no problem for $640 they will send someone out to pick it up and then see what is wrong. It's probably something simple but I can't figure it out. Any advice would be appreciated. I dont want to send it all the way back to the shop for something simple.

morganhill2019

Equipment
L3560
Sep 1, 2019
Morgan Hill
Yes it's still under warranty. Brand new only used it 15 hours. Worst Kubota dealer ever. This is my second Kubota my first was trouble free for 11 years.

Great tractors (usually) terrible dealers in California.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I would not pay that thief a dime to move my tractor. For that kind of money use a Uhaul trailer if you have a truck to pull it. I am not sure how far your dealer is from you but a tow truck would be cheaper or at least worth calling. And I would drive the damn thing home myself before I would pay to have them to haul it back to me.

After thinking about it, did you look at the fuel filter? Is it possible that you got some water in the fuel? A little spec of something plugging the fuel line?

Last edited:

morganhill2019

Equipment
L3560
Sep 1, 2019
Morgan Hill
Thanks that's a good suggestion. It acts like either their is something blocking the fuel line or there is something wrong with the throttle. I'll try taking off the fuel filter and cleaning it. Just surprising given how little operation I've had on it.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I think you should gather some more information before taking the fuel supply system apart. What do you mean take the "fuel filter apart" and clean it? The L3560 has a water separator which can be taken apart, but first look at it and decide by looking at the red float if it actually has water in it. The fuel filter itself cannot be taken apart, just changed.

Is there no error code on the Intellipanel?

Do you have the owner's manual? How to clean water separator and bleed air out is in there. Not the same as owner's of other models will tell you.

The common rail fuel system has some expensive components. A lot more than the highway robbery your dealer wants to charge, but rather than risking having your warranty claim denied, you might want to haul it in first.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Understand your frustration with the transportation, but in the warranty statement, it specifically says that transportation to/from the dealer is not covered, even if it's a warrantable issue. There "used" to be some "give" with that but not anymore. Kubota's really changing things up, and those "gives" are mostly gone due to abuse of the "system".

It's probably starving for fuel which could be a million things. Likely plugged line or filter. Maybe algae.

You gotta be real careful with fuel on the common rail injection systems. They can get expensive quick.