WW Grinder, Super Apache 240C (Wood Chipper)

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Does anyone know anything about the WW Grinder, Super Apache 240C
3-point wood chipper. It is a small unit, but would be good for around the house.

I know they came out of whichita KS, but thats about it?

Should have never sold my Morebark :mad:

This one is on CraigsList $500 ? :confused:

Attachments

OrangeLivin

Sep 9, 2015
Eastern
Interestingly there's one of these for sale in my local craigslist as well. Price? Exactly $500. What's even more interesting is that when you search around on the internet, this is about the same exact price they've been going for since the mid 2000's.

The listing I found in my area, the owner says he was using it with a BX with 19HP at the PTO. I cannot find what the thing is rated for or its' weight.

Also when searching, you mainly find the same types of results: Folks on tractor forums asking for more information about them :) Looks like they were made up until the mid 80's when they were absorbed and dismantled by Troy Bilt.

Nearly every single post I find is looking for a manual for the thing, and I haven't been able to find any 'action' shots or movies of it. It looks like it just dumps the material onto the ground underneath, and the 'business ends' of the shredding parts kind of just stick out underneath! :eek: Watch your feet and hands!

My main concerns would be, parts availability, PTO HP required and safety. Make sure the shaft spins and that nothing is seized up.

If you decide to take the plunge, offer $300 and see if they take it ;) And for gosh sakes, post some pics and movies of this thing so the rest of the internet can see how it works!!! :D

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Interestingly there's one of these for sale in my local craigslist as well. Price? Exactly $500. What's even more interesting is that when you search around on the internet,....................................:D
Thanks for all the replys,
I guess I did not miss anything, did find two videos
one with a kid showing one off
and one (non-PTO) running but doing nothing.

I guess it is a mute point since no one has contacted me back,
going to look at a DR (albeit a down exhaust) tomorrow.
(the down exhaust, can be remedied, to a chute
looked at both parts diagrams, just a matter of position)

Was priced at $650, Said $500 its mine?
We'll see what we can talk him down to :rolleyes:
It is rated at 4.5" capacity, bringing wood !! :D

Attachments

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Well a while back there was one for sale on Craigslist but since the owner never called me back I assumed it was either sold or he was a flake. I ended up picking up a DR Chipper instead.

At the time I was just looking for some general information on how good they were. But now it's a moot point. Thanks

Bill Rigsby
Florissant CO

1972(?) KUBOTA L-1500-DT
Great Bend M10 48" Front End Loader
Bush Hog 48 (SQ48R-3) "Squealer Mower"
Atlas 48" Landscape Box
48" Harrow Rake
Rhino 60" Rear Blade
4 Seasons haul-all Dump Trailer
Leinbach L7200 Post Hole Auger (9")
Draw Bar with 2" Ball
28" Fork Lift Forks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Gravity Rules

Equipment
Kubota l4760, LA 1055,BH 92 FHM 165 ditch/bank flail mower, 7' rock rake,
May 25, 2017
Blairsville,GA,USA
I have one of these and use it to grind compost for soil amendment....works great. What would you like to know?
Hello, I bought mine at auction. Shaft turns freely. Some of the rods that hold the screen in are missing, mine has 2 rods. Came with 2 screens 1/2" & 1". I still have to clean it up grease it and see what it will grind. Have you got a manual? Any advise on using the machine and safe practices. Thank you