Mower deck linkage unusual wear BX2350

nlw898s

Sep 19, 2019
Missouri
The linkage on our mower desk has been wearing at the pivot point where the front and rear portions meet together and are located above the point where the rear pins attach to the deck. It finally wore through and the 2 parts disconnected. We showed it to our Kubota dealer and they had never seen anything like it and sent picture into Kubota and they were no help. We replaced the linkage this spring and just from this summer of mowing 2 different yards it is already wore through again and is about to come apart. It is also wearing the 2 posts on the desk where the rear linkage connects with the pull pins, it has wore off 1/16" - 1/8" of metal on it. I'm attaching pictures as well. Is this a known issue or is there something we just didn't know about that we need to adjust to keep it from wearing and if so what do we need to do?

Attachments

JaRed1986

Jun 21, 2018
US
My bx1860 is 8 years old, had it since new. I've never had to replace either of those parts. It seems very unusual to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
The linkage on our mower desk has been wearing at the pivot point where the front and rear portions meet together and are located above the point where the rear pins attach to the deck. It finally wore through and the 2 parts disconnected. We showed it to our Kubota dealer and they had never seen anything like it and sent picture into Kubota and they were no help. We replaced the linkage this spring and just from this summer of mowing 2 different yards it is already wore through again and is about to come apart. It is also wearing the 2 posts on the desk where the rear linkage connects with the pull pins, it has wore off 1/16" - 1/8" of metal on it. I'm attaching pictures as well. Is this a known issue or is there something we just didn't know about that we need to adjust to keep it from wearing and if so what do we need to do?
nlw898,

My BX2350 doesn't show ANYTHING that bad for wear at those points. Mine is 11 years old with a 54" MMM that mows about 4 acres every week. The flat spot on those pins on mine still have the paint on them. I have no idea what to suggest. Sorry for your problem. I hope you can get it resolved.

Dave

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
that wear is definitely not normal, mine is 10 years old, the linkage looks new, zero wear, paint not even worn off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
I'am thinking that your letting your mower run on the wheels ??? these mowers are designed to hang down from the linkages. The wheels should be adjusted to be 1/2" or so off the ground when the mower is set in the desired cutting height adjusted with using the height adjustment knob ??? the wheels are only there to prevent scalping not to run on constantly so , not sure if this is your problem or ????

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
I’m thinking the same thing, looks like to me the OP is dragging the deck on the ground with the tractor. I’m sure the front dlink is worn too, probably loose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk