B1400 or B7200 ... how to deselect 4wd

Carl in France

Equipment
B1400, a box and a single blade plough!
Sep 4, 2019
Haute Pyrénées
Hello, watching with interest as i also have one of these without the lever down on the left for the front wheels.

Mine is still recent enough to me that i have not actually even worked out if it is currently in two or four wheel drive at the moment!

If it helps any i took photos of my levers and as i get round to testing all i will update results for other B1400 owners.

One lever to left of seat for PTO
Three levers to right of seat. Top one for hydraulics on three point lift. Middle one for placing in low range and bottom small one for engaging crawler mode (i presume, yet to be confirmed)
image.jpg

Last edited:

Carl in France

Equipment
Sep 4, 2019
Haute Pyrénées
Another picture of all the levers.

I can not fathom the small one to the right of the drivers seat. At the top is the hydraulic lift ( not in the picture) next is what appears to engage low range or crawler? I can not decide which as i have no knowledge to know the difference and the small lever shifts about and eighth of a turn and locks to each position with a sprung ball bearing but seems to do nothing?

The tractor itself is running in 4WD but i have no idea if it can be set to 2WD.

View attachment 44652

Carl in France

Equipment
Sep 4, 2019
Haute Pyrénées
Using it today and all sussed.

Lever to left......PTO as marked.
There are no other levers on the left.

Top lever to right.....Hydraulic lift.
Long lever with red cap......high or low ratio selection for gears.
Short lever with red cap......4WD or 2WD.
There is no crawler gear lever as there is mentioned in the B6200 manual.

Pedal in floor at back of right heel.....diff lock while you have your heel on it to floor.

I think the confusion has come from various suggestions over the forums that the B6200 B7200 WSM is also the same manual for the B1400. It is, very nearly but not quite and this is one of the not quite areas.

image.jpg
Hydraulic lift lever not in photo.

vjoug

Equipment
B1400, G21E
Apr 29, 2017
Lille, France
Hello,

You've right 2/4W is the small one in the left. The crawel is the small pedal.

Here is the Operator manual in French for B1400 and the equivalent for B7200 ( not exactly same but so close).
--> Sorry they are too ig.
Here is a ling to a French Forum link to gardening/machining and not specially to Kubota. ( I hope it is allowing - Don't remeber not possible - If not, sorry for mistake).
Link : https://www.motoculture-jardin.com/forum/detail.php?forumid=3&id=49559&s=vjoug
Best regards

Vjoug

By the way, I'm still looking for WSM B1400 or B7200 in french or in English and not for HST version. If somebody have it it will be verykind if he can send it to me.

I hope it will help somebody

Using it today and all sussed.

Lever to left......PTO as marked.
There are no other levers on the left.

Top lever to right.....Hydraulic lift.
Long lever with red cap......high or low ratio selection for gears.
Short lever with red cap......4WD or 2WD.
There is no crawler gear lever as there is mentioned in the B6200 manual.

Pedal in floor at back of right heel.....diff lock while you have your heel on it to floor.

I think the confusion has come from various suggestions over the forums that the B6200 B7200 WSM is also the same manual for the B1400. It is, very nearly but not quite and this is one of the not quite areas.

View attachment 44654
Hydraulic lift lever not in photo.

Last edited: