L series owners with bh77

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
What have y’all done with the hook that holds the top link up when back hoe is removed and you have nothing on the 3 pt or switching implements?

I added the hoe a couple months ago and did the install myself so maybe some of y’all don’t know it had one if you bought new and had dealer install it, or maybe your dealer had a solution.

During the install you have to remove the cross bar between the two fenders that the tool box, SMV sign, and top link hook are attached to. Comes with a bracket to relocate the tool box to the rops and SMV sign goes to the dipper stick on the hoe. But then there is the hook for the top link. Manual says to reinstall the cross bar when you remove the back hoe, but I’m not wanting to do all that (granted it’s only 4 more bolts). I switch implements a lot and going from hoe and removing 3pt linkage and reinstalling is enough.

So have any of y’all or your dealers come up with a spot to mount the hook for the top link, would love some ideas.

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC
My dealer pointed that out to me when we did the walk around on my B2650, my plan short terms is a bungee cord around the top link and hooked on the bracket where the seat locks down. Later I plan to see the clearances and then use some straight rod to fab a hook that will remain attached to the top link and hook onto the bracket under the seat.

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
I threw the hook and fender brace in the scrap pile. I remove the top link if I have nothing on the 3 point.:rolleyes:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I threw the hook and fender brace in the scrap pile. I remove the top link if I have nothing on the 3 point.:rolleyes:
It’s not so much not having the hook on with nothing attached as it is when switching implements. Right now I’m holding it up with one hand while trying to get the tractor lined up.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
My dealer pointed that out to me when we did the walk around on my B2650, my plan short terms is a bungee cord around the top link and hooked on the bracket where the seat locks down. Later I plan to see the clearances and then use some straight rod to fab a hook that will remain attached to the top link and hook onto the bracket under the seat.
I may be wrong and I can double check the install manual but I thought the 2650 had a relocation for the hook. The install manual was kinda confusing as it cover all models the bh77 fits and all the different subframes.

Is yours a cab or rops model?

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC
I may be wrong and I can double check the install manual but I thought the 2650 had a relocation for the hook. The install manual was kinda confusing as it cover all models the bh77 fits and all the different subframes.

Is yours a cab or rops model?
ROPS - there is no relocate I looked through the manual today. Bungee cord works just fine - I even got an orange one to match :p