Advice needed for hydraulic line interferring with 3 point lift arm.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I removed my backhoe on the L2501 for the first time today. Simple enough. However, I was disappointed to see that when I plugged in the return line back into the tractor and started to install the 3 point arms, it is very much going to be in contact with the 3 Point parts. Has anyone had that issue? A 90 degree or 45 degree coupler seems to be the answer. However, I am not sure if that would cause any issues that don't come to mind at the moment.

I plan to go by the dealer tomorrow and see what they say and get a 90 degree coupler from them if that is what is needed, but figured many of you must have had this issue. I searched a little but didn't find anything relating to my problem.

Nicfin36

Equipment
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Yeah, that looks very much like mine. I was tired and did not put the 3 Point arms on and see how it might work.

Thanks for confirming it not being as close with the implement on. I thought maybe it would be a bit better as the lift arm would be a bit higher, so that's good to know. I will give it a good look-see tomorrow. Perhaps it will work fine as is.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I’ve only had the backhoe for about 2 months now but been on and off quite a bit. It hasn’t really concerned me with the hose that close.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
The BH77 on my B2650 is a little different.....with a little bit longer hose. I just use a short strap with a couple of D rings on it to gently snub the hose to the side of the tractor. Looks like you could do the same to the backhoe sub frame with a similar strap of some sort. It does help to keep it out of the way when backing up to 3 pt equipment for hookup, detachment, or anything else that might catch on it. A nice Velcro strap would be ideal. David

Edit: I think if you added or changed out to a 90 degree coupler your hose would need changing too, due to the length being too short for the bends needed with the new coupler. You'd no longer have that nice gentle sweep in the hose for coupling.

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
The BH77 on my B2650 is a little different.....with a little bit longer hose. I just use a short strap with a couple of D rings on it to gently snub the hose to the side of the tractor. Looks like you could do the same to the backhoe sub frame with a similar strap of some sort. It does help to keep it out of the way when backing up to 3 pt equipment for hookup, detachment, or anything else that might catch on it. A nice Velcro strap would be ideal. David

Edit: I think if you added or changed out to a 90 degree coupler your hose would need changing too, due to the length being too short for the bends needed with the new coupler. You'd no longer have that nice gentle sweep in the hose for coupling.
I see what your saying but when I hook up implements I***8217;m always doing it on the ground. I get the tractor as close as I can while sitting in the seat, put the loader bucket in the ground and use the hydraulics to push or pull tractor into position. All my swaps are done without getting on and off the tractor.

Nicfin36

Equipment
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Yeah, I'm reluctant to do anything on the angles as I am not 100% sure of other issues it may cause. Kubota could have done a better job on that design IMO.

Nicfin36

Equipment
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
OK, I hooked up the arms. The hose is orientated just like in Fordtech's picture. I put two small zip ties together to make a longer one and fastened the hydraulic line up against the subframe using the backhoe mounting pin hole. I wished it was a better design, but it should work OK.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have some hose rub issues on both my M's. What I do is either zip tie them out of the way or add a length of larger diameter hose (split lengthwise and zip tied) over the hose that is rubbing.

baronetm

Equipment
L3901HST w/FEL, 3rd fnct. BH77 BH, 5' Bushhog, 6' BBL, 42" Forks, WoodMaxx WM-8H
Apr 19, 2017
South Central VT.
I have the same issue with my L3901 and blew a hose with my brush hog mounted. I broke a blade bolt, the out of balance vibration even with the linkages tight and an immediate shut down of the PTO I still pinched the hose between the link and the BH mounting frame work. I purchased a new hose custom made longer than stock and rerouted the hose so it will never be in the pinch point area again.
My permanent cure is to install a manual cross over valve that can be locked in position and terminate both hydraulic lines at the valve thus eliminating the hose loop.

biglefty

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301. loader an backhoe, EA grapple, Titan pallet forks, brush hog 18ft. landsc
Jun 23, 2019
PA.
I have a L3301. Had the same concern. I just used zip ties to solve my problem.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Zip ties work but if you change between backhoe and 3 pt equipment often you have to cut the ties loose, replace them, etc. Plus, depending on the ties used.....the narrow ones can start to cut into the hydraulic lines with very little vibration over time. That's something to think about or watch out for. Here's a couple of pics of my little strap that's easy to put on and just as easy to remove. It's a little long for what I need (not sure what it's from) so I think I'll sew up a shorter one with a couple of those D rings on one end. If you gents would want one I could do the same for you for the price of materials and shipping. Regards, David

IMG_E3147_2.jpg

IMG_E3149_2.jpg

gsganzer

Mar 5, 2015
Denton, Texas
My L3800 is the same way. I did pinch a hose once, that caused a leak. I now use a short length of strap to keep it up out of the way when I don't have the backhoe on.

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
My previous B3300/BH77 and current L4701/BH92 have similar set ups, seems this is the most common way for Kubota. I found some heavy duty reusable zip ties that are about 3/8" wide and 12" long. These have a little tab that you push which releases the tie and let's you open it back up. I use a couple of them to secure the hose out of harm's way. They can also be chained together to make longer ties if needed. Works well for me although I have also thought about a set up like baronetm suggests.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
My B2650 with BH77 backhoe has the hose held up out of the way with a clip Kubota mounted for the job on the rops right side just above the hydraulic connector to the tractor. I loop it around the rops upright and through the clip when BH is off and it's well out of the way for 3pt operations. With the BH connected I un-loop it from the rops bar and clip and it settles under the BH floor nicely. Photos to follow.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
This is how I use the clip when BH is off. This pic has the BH still attached as I'm not removing it just for a photo, just routed the hose to demonstrate.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk