Got the new BX2380 home and have a question?

Captaincj

Apr 2, 2019
Hugo, MN
Got the new BX2380 home...

Question, can I lock the rear 3pt hitch in the full up position and still be able to lower the mower deck?

If so, how do I do that?

Can't figure out how to add a picture yet, I'll keep working on that.

Christopher Johnson

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I believe you put the deck all the way up, then set the height dial to "top". There are some you tube videos that cover it.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
But then I can't drop the mower deck.

I'm probably missing something.
I don't believe it can be done . deck can be locked but not the rear if like my B .. but I could be missing something too this is my first season . Looks to me like deck runs off the rear left hand arm on mine anyway.

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
Question, can I lock the rear 3pt hitch in the full up position and still be able to lower the mower deck?

If so, how do I do that?
While you can lock the deck up, and still have full movement of the 3PH arms, there's no equally easy way to do the reverse.

The method is to move the lift links' top connectors from the lift arms to the holes at the rear of the chassis that are there for that purpose.

So yes, it can be done, but not easy if you want to keep something on your 3PH while in the locked and up position.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
CJ - like Jack said, it can be done, but I wouldn’t have anything attached while doing so.

You pull the pin from the top of the side link and attach to the “tab” with a similar hole on either side.

Honestly, I haven’t seen any reason to do this....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Captaincj

Apr 2, 2019
Hugo, MN
Thanks guys, I think I understand. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

For me this is a mower and a snowblower. Nothing at all more than that at this time. So I want to keep the 3pt high and out of the way.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Thanks guys, I think I understand. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

For me this is a mower and a snowblower. Nothing at all more than that at this time. So I want to keep the 3pt high and out of the way.
If it’s just a mower and a blower then why not just remove the 3 pt arms and not worry about them?

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
They won't be in the way. If you ever buy something like the kubota grass catcher, it comes with a second adjustable 3 point arm, and mounting brackets for the holes that someone else already pointed out. This allows you to more easily fix-mount implements to the back (like the grass catcher. )

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
So I want to keep the 3pt high and out of the way.
CJ -

I honestly don't think they'll be in the the way up or down.

If you think they're an issue, I'd take them off as Ford said.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
But then I can't drop the mower deck.

I'm probably missing something.
Ah, yes, I misread. Keeping the mower deck up is a common need. But I never worry about my 3ph arms when mowing - they just go up and down. There are only a few things they can hit around my house, and only if they're all the way down. I find my mower deck is at mowing height before the 3ph arms are all the way down, that gives me enough to work with.

If you're trying to mow with something on the 3ph (such as your snowblower), I'd suggest you don't. It's extra weight on the lawn, but more importantly it'll bang into your house or a tree, and wreck something.

If you're just worried about the arms themselves, they do remove reasonably easily, but in general they shouldn't really be in the way.

Captaincj

Apr 2, 2019
Hugo, MN
Thanks guys, I will probably just pull all the pins out and remove the rear arms and save for later use.

We all use our tractors differently, but for me this is nothing more than a lawnmower and a snowblower. I won’t ever use a bagger.

I’m running out of room in my garage, so the extra space the rear arms take up is a factor. I wedge the tractor in front of my boat next to the trailer tongue. I have to lower the mower deck about half way to get the discharge chute for the mower under the trailer tongue, which makes the 3pt arms drop and take up more garage space (almost touching my garage door when the door is lowered).

Still trying to add photos, but it’s not working.

rogerwh0825

Equipment
BX2660
Nov 14, 2017
Havana, Fl. US
Keep in mind the three point hitch doesn't have downward pressure. Lot's of folks use "limiter" chains to adjust how far the 3ph will drop in the down position. No reason you can't apply the same concept in the full up position.

Captaincj

Apr 2, 2019
Hugo, MN
Keep in mind the three point hitch doesn't have downward pressure. Lot's of folks use "limiter" chains to adjust how far the 3ph will drop in the down position. No reason you can't apply the same concept in the full up position.
Very true.

I just went out and removed the entire 3pt hitch, took me 5 mins. I will store it all securely and can put it back on easily if/when I need it. Very happy with the outcome so far. I can actually walk behind the BX now with my garage door closed, couldn't do that before.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Did you get SSQA? You could get SSQA forks, then build racking, then use your forks to lift everything in your garage into stacks. Then your tractor would be saving you space, not costing it. :)

Captaincj

Apr 2, 2019
Hugo, MN
Did you get SSQA? You could get SSQA forks, then build racking, then use your forks to lift everything in your garage into stacks. Then your tractor would be saving you space, not costing it. :)
Not sure what SSQA is, I guess I'm still learning tractor speak. Since I don't know what it is, I probably didn't get it...

I have a 6 car attached, finished and insulated garage. I shouldn't be having storage problems, except I like cars and toys... My own fault.

I just needed a bad-a$$ snowblower and mower to maintain my property, hence the BX. I'm not farming, or clearing, or grading, or tilling, or...

Have done some mowing with it so far, really enjoying it.

Why can't I upload photos!!!?!?!?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
CJ - I think SSQA stands for skid steer quick attach. Pioneered by skid steers and now adapted to tractors. Allows very quick changes of loader buckets with other implements, like forks.
As I recall, you didn’t get a loader so it doesn’t apply.
Honestly, given your circumstances I would just take the links off. However, keep them where you know they are....it’s over $1,000 worth of hardware to buy separately.

Captaincj

Apr 2, 2019
Hugo, MN
CJ - I think SSQA stands for skid steer quick attach. Pioneered by skid steers and now adapted to tractors. Allows very quick changes of loader buckets with other implements, like forks.
As I recall, you didn’t get a loader so it doesn’t apply.
Honestly, given your circumstances I would just take the links off. However, keep them where you know they are....it’s over $1,000 worth of hardware to buy separately.

Already off! Stored securely, very happy with the results as I can walk behind my tractor with the garage door closed now. Couldn't do that with the 3pt attached.