Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Implements & Attachments

Implements & Attachments Find everything related to operating, servicing and maintaining that loader, mower, blade, snow blower, tiller, hitch or scraper, right here.

Old 02-11-2019   #1
WCR
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L4701,loader,landpride blade, pallet forks
Default L4701 Third Function

Long time lurker and first time poster ... I see a lot of knowledge and help here on the forums ... I'm not new to tractors but this is my first Kubota and excited to get it home and play ... I have read and watched video's on the third function until I'm really confused ... looks like either WR Long or Land Pride ... is one more user friendly than the other, better kit as far as hook up's? Also wanting a root/rake grapple to pull shrubs and cedars .. I like the looks of the Wicked 55" but rated at 40 hp .. tested at 60 hp ... but a nice 200 lbs ... but he also has a 60" construction grapple rated at 60 hp at a better price but weights in at 479 lbs .... I would appreciate any help you can offer on these items and Thanks ahead .... The tractor will come with 7' LP blade and pallet forks if that helps any.
WCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2019   #2
les.smith99
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B7800
Default Re: L4701 Third Function

I have a L3830GST, I got the ETA 60 wicked root grapple, love it, very strong and one of the lightest out there. I applied the WR Long 3rd function kit, it was easy to put on. I would also advise you to get the hose saver that ETA sells, it keeps your hoses under control wether you are using the grapple or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
les.smith99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019   #3
WCR
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.smith99 View Post
I have a L3830GST, I got the ETA 60 wicked root grapple, love it, very strong and one of the lightest out there. I applied the WR Long 3rd function kit, it was easy to put on. I would also advise you to get the hose saver that ETA sells, it keeps your hoses under control wether you are using the grapple or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Les ... The 60" Wicked does look nice ... are the hoses in the kits long enough to route them to the back if ever need? .. at my age, I intend to do all I can with steering wheel and joy stick ...
Old 02-12-2019   #4
les.smith99
1st Yr. Apprentice

I think they would be, I have not tried it since had a set of rear remotes added. That I had my dealer do. If you dont already have them look at a set of Pats Quick Change lifting arm ends. They make hooking up very easy. I know what you mean, Im 72 and do a lot of work around my place. I try to use a Diesel engine and hydraulics to do as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2019   #5
les.smith99
1st Yr. Apprentice

Also look at the Piranha Tooth Bar it really add to the utility of your bucket. There is a thread here in the Implements and Attachments section. It seams everyone who has one loves it.

Old 02-12-2019   #6
les.smith99
1st Yr. Apprentice

One last thing about rerouting the hydraulic hoses to the rear. Call the folks at ETA they are very easy to work with. They can make the hoses any length you want.

Old 02-12-2019   #7
WCR
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Also look at the Piranha Tooth Bar it really add to the utility of your bucket. There is a thread here in the Implements and Attachments section. It seams everyone who has one loves it.
I had been looking at the bolt in tooth bars but like the looks of the Piranha much better after seeing it here ... I'd say it is a must have item .... Pat's Quick Hitch looks like a handy tool also ... hadn't seen it before ... I need to be a little careful with the spending as I had to talk pretty fast to convince ma I needed a new tractor when I have a good 460 IHC utility with reverser gear and loader sitting in the shed
Old 02-12-2019   #8
Jblac197
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L3800, bush hog, tiller snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCR View Post
Long time lurker and first time poster ... I see a lot of knowledge and help here on the forums ... I'm not new to tractors but this is my first Kubota and excited to get it home and play ... I have read and watched video's on the third function until I'm really confused ... looks like either WR Long or Land Pride ... is one more user friendly than the other, better kit as far as hook up's? Also wanting a root/rake grapple to pull shrubs and cedars .. I like the looks of the Wicked 55" but rated at 40 hp .. tested at 60 hp ... but a nice 200 lbs ... but he also has a 60" construction grapple rated at 60 hp at a better price but weights in at 479 lbs .... I would appreciate any help you can offer on these items and Thanks ahead .... The tractor will come with 7' LP blade and pallet forks if that helps any.
As far as the 3rd function goes I purchased the WR long one from everythingattachments.com and have been very happy with it. It's a bit pricy but very easy to install yourself with a little mechanical ability. I would call them vs. Ordering online and have your tractor/loader model numbers ready. They sell kits designed for specific tractors when it comes to mounting brackets and hose lengths. Here's a pic of my rig after installing the 3rd function and grapple. Might be kinda blurry. Been happy with both the 3rd function and grapple

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Jblac197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019   #9
WCR
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
One last thing about rerouting the hydraulic hoses to the rear. Call the folks at ETA they are very easy to work with. They can make the hoses any length you want.
Good Ideal ... they will know how long to make them ... might come in handy sometime ... Thanks
Old 02-12-2019   #10
les.smith99
1st Yr. Apprentice

Looks like an awesome and wicked machine.