Help with spacers

Manvito

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Apr 27, 2016
New York
I ordered a set of 2***8221; rear wheel spacers from bro-tek for my B2601 and I want to be prepared when they show up. How do I handle the heavy liquid filled tires? I was thinking of chocking the front tires, putting the tractor in 4wheel drive, putting the parking break on and jacking up one side. Then I wanted to use my motorcycle jack to cradle the tire and wheel it off of the studs while I have a friend steady the tire. I would install the spacer, replace the tire and repeat. Does this plan sound good, am I missing anything? I***8217;ve never handled a tired heavier than my pickup tires. I***8217;m guessing these tires are at least 300 pounds.
000796F7-AC5E-447A-8F80-AC7EBC2C074F.jpg

Last edited:

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
You don't need to lift the filled tires, just jack up the tractor one side at a time, remove the studs or nuts, then slowwwwly lower the tractor till you can rock the wheel off the hub and roll to the side. Lean them on something solid and never let them fall over. A good helper is helpful, but you can do it alone if needed.

You jack idea sounds like more of a balancing act, and you'd have to raise the whole tractor up higher to use it.

Manvito

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Apr 27, 2016
New York
You don't need to lift the filled tires, just jack up the tractor one side at a time, remove the studs or nuts, then slowwwwly lower the tractor till you can rock the wheel off the hub and roll to the side. Lean them on something solid and never let them fall over. A good helper is helpful, but you can do it alone if needed.

You jack idea sounds like more of a balancing act, and you'd have to raise the whole tractor up higher to use it.
I like it. I’m a big dude so I should have trouble doing it like you say. I was also worried about lifting the tractor so high but couldn’t think of what else to do. Thanks!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I like it. I’m a big dude so I should have trouble doing it like you say. I was also worried about lifting the tractor so high but couldn’t think of what else to do. Thanks!
Do what Kenny said,

I would loosen the nuts, rather break free with it in contact of the ground, then raise the wheel just enough that it can be pulled straight to you, remove the nuts - so the entire wheel is only 1/4" or less off the ground - place spacers on - and roll back tire, you might have to rotate the tire or the spacer to line back up - but this way you need not lift the tire up much at all.:D:) Can be done by yourself - but someone else makes it easier!;)

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Had my tires filled and trust me there not that bad to handle. Even if you lay them down one person can handle it. As mentioned loosen nuts, jack until just off the ground and wiggle tire off. Can I ask why your adding spacers?

Manvito

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Apr 27, 2016
New York
Had my tires filled and trust me there not that bad to handle. Even if you lay them down one person can handle it. As mentioned loosen nuts, jack until just off the ground and wiggle tire off. Can I ask why your adding spacers?
My property is all hill, some of it very steep. I plan on doing a little bit of logging on fresh skidder trails that are very ruted. I’m just hoping for some extra stibility so I don’t tip my favorite toy. It would be nice if I didn’t kill myself too.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
They will work well for you, though you said you want to skid out on rough cut skidder trails,,, Before you do, you might want to get some skid pans for the beasty! There re lots of things underneath that can get poked and pulled and ,,well you get the idea, just a thought

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
When I put spacers on my BX with loaded tires, I used a two wheel hand truck. The hand truck made it easier to move the wheel away and back up to the axle, and provided the capability to lift the wheel to match the axle height. With your heavier tires you would probably need a helper on the hand truck while you steadied and maneuvered the wheel into place.

Manvito

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Apr 27, 2016
New York
They will work well for you, though you said you want to skid out on rough cut skidder trails,,, Before you do, you might want to get some skid pans for the beasty! There re lots of things underneath that can get poked and pulled and ,,well you get the idea, just a thought
I’ve looked for a skid plate for my B2601 but haven’t been able to find one. Do you have any ideas of who sells one for my tractor?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Maybe. But so's a chain saw, wood splitter, or tractor for that matter, if used carelessly. But I see your point, could be bad if used on a slope, or ice, or a greased floor. :D

Manvito

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Apr 27, 2016
New York
Well, I got the spacer on and it wasn’t too bad. The wheels were heavy but manageable. I had to remove the old studs and install new longer ones that came with the kit. The old studs were lock tighted in so a little heat from a propane torch made it possible to get them out. I rolled the wheel away, put the spacers on and rolled the wheel back. It would have been nice to have a helper though.
242D52C2-B93A-49E5-AF46-556530B0209C.jpg

4708510F-B5A4-4430-9869-FFA19BD9555F.jpg

DE514F74-59F5-475B-BBE9-CFDEC6B23E03.jpg

msmcknight

Equipment
B2601
Oct 30, 2017
Statesville, NC, USA
I ordered a set of 2" rear wheel spacers from bro-tek for my B2601 and I want to be prepared when they show up. How do I handle the heavy liquid filled tires? I was thinking of chocking the front tires, putting the tractor in 4wheel drive, putting the parking break on and jacking up one side. Then I wanted to use my motorcycle jack to cradle the tire and wheel it off of the studs while I have a friend steady the tire. I would install the spacer, replace the tire and repeat. Does this plan sound good, am I missing anything? I've never handled a tired heavier than my pickup tires. I'm guessing these tires are at least 300 pounds.
Hi Manvito,

Which bro-tek spacers did you get? Do you have the specific part number by any chance? When I ordered my 2" spacers, the B2601 wasn't on their website and they told me the B2320 versions would fit. I just tried to install them and found that the outer flange on the spacers was bigger than the inside diameter of the wheel hub opening. This prevented the wheel from seating on the spacer.

From my rough measurements, I'm finding these dimensions:
Outside diameter of flange on spacer = 4.75" (4-3/4")
Inside diameter of rear wheel hub opening = 4.625 (4-5/8")

That's about a 1/8" difference.

I can't tell if they had me order the wrong ones, or if they sent the wrong ones. But there is no way these will fit my B2601 R4 wheels.

Manvito

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Apr 27, 2016
New York
Hi Manvito,

Which bro-tek spacers did you get? Do you have the specific part number by any chance? When I ordered my 2" spacers, the B2601 wasn't on their website and they told me the B2320 versions would fit. I just tried to install them and found that the outer flange on the spacers was bigger than the inside diameter of the wheel hub opening. This prevented the wheel from seating on the spacer.

From my rough measurements, I'm finding these dimensions:
Outside diameter of flange on spacer = 4.75" (4-3/4")
Inside diameter of rear wheel hub opening = 4.625 (4-5/8")

That's about a 1/8" difference.

I can't tell if they had me order the wrong ones, or if they sent the wrong ones. But there is no way these will fit my B2601 R4 wheels.
I got the B2320 spacers for my B2601 and they did fit. Maybe they did send you the wrong ones. The part number I could find is 0010003009. I hope this helps, let me know how you make out?

msmcknight

Equipment
B2601
Oct 30, 2017
Statesville, NC, USA
Yep... 0010003009 is the SKU that I ordered as well. I've reached out to them to see how they want to handle it. Fingers-crossed.

Thanks for a quick reply on an old thread!

msmcknight

Equipment
B2601
Oct 30, 2017
Statesville, NC, USA
Hi Manvito,

Bro-Tek sent another set and they don't fit either... they look almost exactly like the first set they sent, but it's the same part number that you mentioned worked for you.

If you have a few minutes, would you mind measuring the inside diameter of your wheel hub? Bro-Tek says their spacers have a flange on them that should fit inside the hub opening and allow the weight of the wheel to be bore by the spacer, not just the lug bolts. But, in both sets they've sent me, the flange on the spacer wont fit through the opening on the hub.

Thank you,
-Michael

Manvito

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Apr 27, 2016
New York
Hi Manvito,

Bro-Tek sent another set and they don't fit either... they look almost exactly like the first set they sent, but it's the same part number that you mentioned worked for you.

If you have a few minutes, would you mind measuring the inside diameter of your wheel hub? Bro-Tek says their spacers have a flange on them that should fit inside the hub opening and allow the weight of the wheel to be bore by the spacer, not just the lug bolts. But, in both sets they've sent me, the flange on the spacer wont fit through the opening on the hub.

Thank you,
-Michael
I’ll check them out when I get home. Here is a picture of my spacer and my hub, I’m going to assume that they look the same as yours.
25A58549-579D-4E42-9B97-9CA94A0E50C0.jpg

FC26F97C-C016-45D8-84DA-BD7B1E2DC1A9.jpg