Kubota grease

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I purchased two tubes of Kubota grease. The first one I placed in the grease gun was a blue/green color and I used it all up on this last greasing. I opened the 2nd tube and went to place it in the grease gun and it is white.

I looked at the container and the specs, says it is the same grease. I'm guessing they may of forgot to put the blue/green dye in it or maybe they switched the process, yet the specs on the outside of each tube is the same. :confused:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Is this the same stuff you bought?

I’m on my 4th tube and they have all been a dark grey color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
No, my was polyurea, not moly.

I will try to remember when I'm out at the farm next to get pictures.

Kubota: 14oz High-Performance Polyurea Multi-Purpose Grease, Part # 70000-10701
Premium Polyurea thickened, NLGI 2, GC-LB rated extreme pressure grease. Designed for use in agricultural, construction, automotive, recreational and industrial applications.
Superior rust and corrosion protection, Excellent resistance to water wash out, Compatible with most other greases (shear stable), Outstanding high temperature stability for long service life, Operating temperature range -15°F to +380°F

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
That grease is fine for the tractor linkages, but I believe your loader manual will specify that the moly should be used on your loader. I believe the Moly has much better performance under pressure. I use moly on the tractor linkages also, which require pretty minimal grease compared to loader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
On page 7 of my LA805 loader manual, it states to use SAE Multipurpose grease. I could find nothing about moly or poly.

I looked at the two tubes. One tube is labeled Kubota High-Performance Synthetic Extreme Duty Grease and the other is Kubota High-Performance Polyurea Multi-Purpose Grease. On my receipt, it shows 2-bottles of Polyurea, but I guess they shipped the other bottle by mistake.

Note: I had it do a word search and on page 29, it did state that MOLY EP grease should be use. So, you have the manual stating on page 7 to use multipurpose grease and on page 29 to use moly.

Last edited: